Mysa has a progressive company culture that embraces both work-life balance and remote work. The silver lining of the COVID-19 pandemic, if we are to look for one, is that we’ve been positioned from a company-wide perspective to learn exactly what it takes to successfully manage a remote team – and, we’re very proud of what we’ve achieved. With our core values at heart, we have an in-depth understanding of how imperative it is that all of our people, no matter where they are located, experience our culture and family-like environment in the same manner. We also appreciate that the key to successful remote work is a foundation built upon effective communication, team-based collaboration, and access to all of the right tools. At Mysa, regardless of your location, you will be positioned for success.
We are looking for a Software Release Coordinator to join our Software Development Team in St. John’s, NL or remote. The Release Coordinator will own the release management process including scheduling, coordinating and managing the release of our software applications and services that are in production for our customers. You will be responsible for implementing and managing the release process from development to production as well as assisting in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence.
With thousands of customers and connected devices interacting with our cloud service, the role will involve managing highly scalable and reliable software. Building, mentoring and monitoring the team is critical to success in this role.
What You Will Do
- Communicate project details and schedules to the stakeholders as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all software release activities
- Create release notes for internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate problem/issue resolution and manage activities in collaboration with solution stakeholders
- Manage and track incidents and incident responses
- Work with software developers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Proactively manage risks pertaining to product delivery by reducing the likelihood and impact to business units
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure software releases are delivered on time and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Continue to improve our processes to deliver software that provides an exceptional customer experience
Who You Are
- 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence or similar tools
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field combined with software development training would be considered an asset
- Agile certification (Agile Certified Professional, Certified Scrum Product Owner) would be considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly coordinate solutions, while efficiently multi-tasking various priorities