About the Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineering Technical Lead to join Flywheel’s medical imaging viewer team. This is an exceptional opportunity to steer the technical roadmap for a specialized product team focused on the development of a state-of-the-art application tailored to work with medical image data for several clinical workflows. Successful applicants will have a passion for problem-solving, elevating others around them, and delivering quality results. This role requires technical leadership experience and a strong development background.
The team works with a variety of technologies, including:
Python, Typescript, Go
MongoDB, Redis, Sqlite
AWS, Google, and Azure
Work closely with a growing team of engineers and business stakeholders. The development team operates within a lightweight Agile process and is empowered to alter it as needed to achieve team and company objectives. We’re highly responsive to customer needs and constantly strive to make a positive contribution to the biomedical and life sciences communities we serve. Team members are recognized and rewarded when advocating for customer success and satisfaction over other concerns. We value self-motivated, creative individuals who work well in a collaborative environment – constantly generating and sharing new ideas and solutions with the team.
Flywheel has a comprehensive benefits package and encourages a balanced work life and home life.
- Develop and maintain applications and services for our primary imaging viewer.
- Provide technical direction and guidance through collaboration with product owners and other stakeholders to understand product requirements, translating them back to the team.
- Ensure the timely delivery of product features and releases, while ensuring quality and stability.
- Lead design and architecture discussions, ensuring reliable, scalable and maintainable solutions.
- Improve the observability of new and existing services, helping us catch problems sooner.
- Help the team establish and adhere to standards in code quality and testing.
- Collaborate daily across a geographically dispersed development team.
- Mentor other engineers and share knowledge in a variety of forums.
What would make you a great fit
- 7+ years of software development experience, 2 of which in a technical leadership role.
- Experience developing client/server image viewing software, with experience with common medical imaging formats such as DICOM or NIfTI being a bonus.
- Strong development skills and some proficiency in full stack development with typescript and python.
- Proficiency in web browser based application development working with large datasets such as imaging or video with an emphasis on performance optimization.
- Proven track record of building, operating and scaling software in the cloud.