ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Software Engineering Manager at FanDuel is a role where you can begin to develop your skills and experience as a manager. You will directly manage a team of Engineers and be accountable for the customer experience, project prioritization, software quality, and system maintenance. Most of all, you are accountable for the experience, management, and development of the Engineers that report to you. You set the example for our values and help engineers grow by encouraging them to contribute to cross-team technical discussions, supporting their ideas, and empowering them to make decisions. If you’re looking to exercise and develop your existing core leadership skills both from a technical and people management point of view, then this is the position for you!
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Manage, Identify and provide opportunities for Software Engineers.
- Work with Senior Engineers to deliver a technical vision with an eye on for Customer satisfaction and security.
- Proactively identify technology gaps and opportunities, mitigate risks created through complexity (technical and regulatory).
- Be responsible for delivery of your assigned backlog items, communicating blockers and progress through-out the project lifecycle.
- Measure, own and drive predictability through Operational Excellence and transparency through data and KPIs.
- Own your software, helping guide your team to deliver it whilst providing appropriate support for end-users.
- Help scope and define new solutions to problems while influencing the Roadmap and ensuring we delivery truly viable features and Products.
- The ability to delivery architecturally sound solutions in the absence of a highly experienced individual contributor
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- 6+ Years in a software role with 1+ years managing SE team(s).
- Experience designing and delivering technology solutions for consumer facing products in a high energy, ambiguous and scrutinised environment.
- Experience supporting software systems in production including on-call support with a relentless focus on improving the stability, availability and performance of those systems.
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- A strong technology background delivering software as an individual contributor or manager
- Understanding of modern architectures, design patterns, and platform nuances
- Experience of writing distributed highly scalable and available backend systems & APIs
- Communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices
- Able to communicate technical concepts simply and successfully, to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Maintains relationships with other disciplines and stakeholders
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.