Spin is a micromobilty company that operates fleets of rental electric bikes and electric scooters in cities and campuses across the United States and Canada. Spin launched the first-ever stationless bike share program in the United States and was instrumental in crafting the world’s first mobility permitting system that is now used around the world. Spin is known for its city- and campus-friendly approach to micromobility, and was the first operator to deploy a number of technology innovations to improve rider compliance, such as sidewalk riding detection technology. Spin consists of a diverse team of experienced professionals from the public sector, private sectors, and the transportation advocacy world, all of whom are committed to fulfilling the company’s mission – to help create a world full of 15-minute cities.
For more information visit https://www.spin.app
About the Role
Build and enhance Web Application and Mobile App for Spin Operation team members who are Spin employees maintaining the IoT scooters and eBikes in each market. Vehicles must be placed where demand is. Vehicles must have enough batteries for customers to be able to ride. Operations team members must know the best route to get to every vehicle placed on the streets of the city. The Web Application we have will allow the Operations team to organize the day to day activities by creating the tasks and assign them out. Tasks are created in automation at the backend and utilizing the ML data source. The application is geo oriented and built with Mapbox.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help us make the best possible Micromobility vehicles. You will be in charge of the Fleet Lifecycle team where your team will build the platform to support the operational needs, maintain and enhance the backbone business logic layer to support the fleet operations. The area of software development includes backend server side communication layer to IoT service, business logic to handle operations, internal facing Web Application and Mobile App used by operations team.
- Lead, develop and grow a team of engineers, focusing on coaching and managing for success.
- Build and deliver scalable, secure and resilient applications and services.
- Maintain effective communication and collaboration with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Manage status and visibility of projects across relevant organization scope.
- Plan for long term growth, help recruit, develop and retain excellent engineering talent.
- Partner with product management, data analytics, operations and engineering leaders to build and deliver roadmap of your team.
- Prepare technical system and software design documents supporting implementation.
- Lead technical design conversations and implementation of platform services & components.
- Define and execute on technical strategy for the team and contribute towards long term growth and product plans.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant experience.
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering.
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of 6 or more engineers.
- Experience guiding a team through development life-cycle.
- Expert knowledge and experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Ability to lead and manage geographically dispersed engineering team.
- Strong server side application and services development proficiency using Ruby on Rails or experience developing with Java or Python preferred.
- Experience with Mobile application development.
- Experience with SQL and NOSQL database technologies.
- Experience with working with Cloud environments such as AWS and GCP.
- Data driven approach to feature development.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills using fundamentals of computer science.
- Ability to design, develop, deploy and maintain the large scale applications.
- Deep understanding of OOD, Web Services/REST, HTTP and security.
- Experience with software development in IoT domain
- Experience with Micromobility domain
- Experience with Kafka
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness, Home Office & Internet perk for salaried roles
- A monthly Mental Health Day-Off for salaried roles
- WeWork Pass (eligible remote salaried FTE)
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.