ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel Group is looking for an experienced and passionate Software Engineering Director to lead our Native teams within the Daily Fantasy product vertical.
As an Engineering Director you’ll be managing and working closely with our Native Team engineers day-to-day to support and mentor them as they tackle tough technical challenges. You’ll help find opportunities focused on providing the best employee experience while balancing delivery of capabilities that work at Scale. You’ll own your software, helping define solutions to problems while mitigating long-term risks. You’ll raise and help mitigate blockers while providing status updates to leadership.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Manage multiple software development teams (geographically dispersed) where the overall business opportunity or strategy may not yet be defined.
- Produce and deliver a strategic, technical vision identifying gaps in ownership and negotiating who’ll own them going forward.
- Work with our Technical Experts to take advantage of opportunities to re-use technology whether internal to Flutter Group or vendor offerings, or build in-house to secure our competitive advantage.
- Proactively identify technology gaps and opportunities, mitigate risks created through complexity (technical and regulatory).
- Ensure the right people are in the right job through creating leadership opportunities, hiring, performance management, and generally caring about your team.
- Partner with commercial and product stakeholders to build and balance backlogs and roadmaps for our products.
- To advocate, own and drive predictability through Operational Excellence and transparency through data and KPIs.
- Establishing baseline measures for quality, performance, scale and operational efficacy.
- Responsible for ensuring effective operational support in conjunction with all partners integrated with our IT Operations support organisation and customer support.
- Liaising with partners and regulatory bodies to establish and follow an effective release process.
- The ability to delivery architecturally sound solutions in the absence of a highly experienced individual contributor.
- Communicating and driving strategic initiatives (1-2 year horizons).
- You’ll exhibit best behaviour and exemplify our company behaviours.
- Responsible for expenditure and ensuring you spend money effectively recognising areas of savings or waste.
- Responsible for recruitment – defining interview process, job specs and owning candidate experience.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- 10+ Years in a software role with 5+ years managing SE team(s). Ideally some experience managing managers.
- Experience designing and delivering technology solutions for consumer facing products in a high energy, ambiguous and scrutinised environment.
- Previous hands-on experience developing highly available, fault tolerant, resilient applications and transactional platforms from requirements gathering to delivery and support.
- Experience defining and implementing software delivery best practices, agile delivery methodologies and proven track-record of continuously improving delivery pace while maintaining quality.
- Experience supporting software systems in production including on-call support with a relentless focus on improving the stability, availability and performance of those systems.
- Delivery of technology solutions working with partner development teams via near-shoring/off-shoring or 3rd party development.
- Experience managing managers.
- Experience defining and executing a strategic vision.
- Experience of writing distributed, highly scalable and available backend systems & APIs.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.