What you’ll do
In a few words…
Abarca is igniting a revolution in healthcare. We built our company on the belief that with smarter technology we are redefining pharmacy benefits, but this is just the beginning…
Software Development at Abarca Health houses a truly innovative team: software, systems, architecture, and automation engineers! They design, build, code, test and automate. Software Engineering manages the development of our suite of tech products to ensure all pharmacy benefit management services are up to date and bringing the best quality of service our clients need.
As our Software Engineer, you will be responsible for participating in the analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance, and automatization of critical business processes for Abarca and its internal and external clients. You will work to automate processes that allow for the exchange of data within the Company and between the Company and its external partners and clients.
The fundamentals for the job…
- Collaborate with other analysts and designers in the development and initiation of software programs, applications, and tools.
- Writing, translating, and coding software programs, applications, tools, and prototypes according to specifications.
- Oversee the quality assurance of program logic, data processing, and error resolution.
- Running and monitoring performance tests on new and existing software for the purpose of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Design interactive software tools for internal and external deployment, including platforms to create reports, manipulate and interact with data, submit information, and connect with users.
- Researching, investigating, and staying at the forefront of technology is an important part of the job. (Software Development, Hardware, Programming Languages, etc.).
- Administer diagnostic analysis of test results and deliver solutions to critical areas.
- Developing and maintaining user manuals and guidelines.
- Writing and/or modifying programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of company website and web applications as necessary.
- Business Process Automatization is key to your role.
- Direct research on emerging applications’ software development products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Work closely with Business Analysts, Software Engineers, and key stakeholders across the business to understand internal and external requirements and create optimal software and technology solutions to address those needs.
What we expect of you
The bold requirements…
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant experience may be considered.)
- 3+ years of experience in Software Engineering/Development.
- Experience with SQL Server, Database Design, T-SQL and Stored Procedures.
- Experience in Web and Windows Applications architecture and Microsoft programming.
- Experience in Microsoft’s .Net Framework.
- Experience in Object‐Oriented languages and Design Patterns.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- We are proud to offer a flexible hybrid work model which will require certain on-site workdays (Puerto Rico Location Only)
Nice to haves…
- Experience with Healthcare, Pharmacy, and Pharmacy Benefit Management industries, Medicare Part D, and CMS regulations.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
At Abarca we value and celebrate diversity. Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are guiding principles of Abarca and ensure Abarca’s workforce reflects the communities it serves. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Abarca Health LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. “Applicant must be a United States’ citizen. Abarca Health LLC does not sponsor employment visas at this time”
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the role entails.