OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), powers reservations for the hospitality industry. OpenTable’s software seats more than 1 billion people per year and helps more than 50,000+ restaurants, bars, wineries and other venues attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
At OpenTable, we take pleasure in Software Development. We believe that velocity comes from a commitment to clean code and solid engineering principles. We deliver innovative products through rapid, continuous development. Tens of millions of diners and thousands of restaurants around the globe use our products. If you are excited by solving challenging engineering problems and can deliver exceptional quality in a fast-paced, agile environment, we'd like to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants too!
You will be working on the Booking and User Experience (BUX) team responsible for the core of our business supporting various booking flows and attracting new and existing diners to return to our global network of restaurants.
You are responsible for building new booking experiences, improving conversion metrics through UX and responsive design improvements, and increasing new diner acquisitions and existing diner retention through rewards. We want our diners' experience to sparkle and have them return to us again and again.
What you’ll do:
As a Software Engineer II on the team;
- Be a valued member of a collaborative agile team to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
- Build, optimize, and maintain an easy-to-use, powerful web application using React and Redux
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers to tackle exciting and challenging problems.
- Craft elegant solutions to fix bugs and solve problems.
- You set a high bar for the technical design and code quality of your team.
- Help other engineers on the team via mentorship, code pairing, and code review
Who you are:
- Passionate about delivering end-to-end experiences and care about their software architecture across the backend, frontend, and the APIs that glue them together.
- Good understanding of JS design patterns (Async/Await, Promises, callbacks etc)
- Strong knowledge in Node.js and a server framework like Express
- Experience working within a distributed microservice architecture
- Understands and cares about sound engineering practices like Continuous Delivery, Defensive Programming, and Automated Testing.
- Passionate about UX/UI experience and design best practices across multiple web platforms.
- Push the limits of product innovation using the latest advancements in web technology and design patterns
- Containerization using Docker
- Container-based deployment using Mesos/Kubernetes
- Application monitoring and familiarity with ELK/StatsD
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games
- Flexible hours
- Universal Paid Parental leave
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the expected base salary range for this role in Colorado is $100,000 to $136,000. This position is eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: cash bonus; RSUs (equity); health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off (including PTO, paid sick leave, medical leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); and parental leave and benefits. Actual compensation will be determined by experience and other factors permitted by law.
“Remote work allowed”