datadog Portugal, Remote; Poland, Remote; France, Remote; Germany, Remote; Ireland, Remote; Italy, Remote; Netherlands, Remote; Spain, Remote; Sweden, Remote; United Kingdom, Remote Full-time 2022-07-26
As Datadog’s mobile SDK engineer, you will collaborate with the product and backend teams to build solutions that delight our customers and scale massively. Your users are developers and your code will need to shine! SDKs are difficult to ship — the app environment is full of challenges and you will have to navigate them with creativity and confidence from past experience.
We expect that you are completely familiar with .NET and Xamarin, growing your knowledge of the .NET MAUI framework, and knowledgeable on the specific security, performance, and isolation challenges that exist when working on Mobile. SDKs are resident with other SDKs as well as with the application code, your SDK code must be safe and robust in this complex environment. In order to build trust with our customers, you need to be comfortable building reliable, very well architected and isolated code that works all the time.
As your code will be in the public eye, and you are building code for other developers to use, you must be comfortable with providing accurate documentation for how a developer should use your code. You will need to review and sometimes be the primary author of documentation for the APIs and code that you produce.
What You’ll Do:
- Build from scratch and maintain Datadog's .NET MAUI / Xamarin SDK, used across the world by the users of our customers.
- Work closely with the backend and product teams to deliver the best-in-class mobile RUM product.
- Help improve our engineering tooling and practices.
Who You Are:
- You have significant experience with C#, .NET, and Xamarin for Mobile platforms, and a growing knowledge of the .NET MAUI framework.
- You value code simplicity and performance.
- You have experience developing commercially shipped SDKs.
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment that values diversity of talent, excellence of product, and exciting engineering opportunities at scale.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities for internal mobility
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Free global mental health benefit through Spring Health
- Generous global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.