Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. We empower people around the globe to reach services they love and need simply, speedily and safely – whether they’re renting a car or opening a bank account or completing a high-value transaction where identity is key. We built a full-service suite of AI-powered identity verification solutions with fairness and inclusiveness at their core, and were awarded ‘Outstanding Leader in Accessibility’ and ‘Best Innovation in Algorithmic Bias Mitigation’ awards at CogX.
Onfido is an established pre-IPO technology company with a prominent position in the global marketplace that has been repeatedly recognized for excellence in performance and innovation. In 2021 we were awarded ‘Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Hot Company’ by CyberDefense Global Infosec Awards, ‘Fraud Prevention Innovation of the Year’ at the CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards, and named to the CB Insights Fintech 250 for the fourth year running. We’ve received over $200 million in funding from investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, and Salesforce to achieve our vision. We partner with thousands of businesses to help millions access services every week – from billion dollar institutions to hypergrowth unicorns. We support identities from 195 countries, and 2,500+ document types. Our recent growth is fuelled by continued increasing demand in the United States – where we’ve grown in year-over-year sales by 264% – as more enterprise organisations accelerate their digital transformation plans with Onfido.
Our goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoers are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves, and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together to solve some of the world’s most interesting problems.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you’d be joining a talented and friendly team which loves to delight its customers with quality and robust code. We care about user and developer experience and we work in an agile way to regularly ship code to production.
As Onfido tackles the problem of bringing identities online, this means taking on the challenges of bringing both Biometrics and ID Documents into the virtual world. The work you could come help us solve will involve:
– Develop state-of-the-art machine learning-backed services for automated biometric verification, document classification and extraction, as well as fraud analysis;
– Build automated pipelines capable of minimising the time and effort of bringing support to new models and capabilities;
– Iterate over research projects to optimise them and deploy them to production;
– Continuously improve monitoring and tracing to provide a highly available service for our customers.
We deeply value trust and ownership. Our engineers, product managers and designers work together closely to solve a challenging problem – identity in an online world – and build products that are polished and impactful.
What you will do:
- Work in a cross-functional team to design, build, test and ship fraud-catching products.
- Work closely with researchers to take research developed ML models to production.
- Use off-the-shelf machine learning solution to provide simple initial solutions for fraud detection.
- Design and implement efficient pre-processing steps around digital images or video files
- Extend existing ML pipeline to fit an increasing array of use cases
- Analyze algorithmic performances and identify common issues and potential improvements.
Who you are:
- Good knowledge and experience with Python
- Familiarity with scientific libraries and frameworks such as Numpy, Tensorflow, Keras, Scikit Learn, OpenCV, ONNX
- Interested in developing, deploying and monitoring production-facing machine learning systems
- You’re enthusiastic and technically curious about ML technologies
- Capable with testing frameworks, such as PyTest
- Experience with dependency management tools (e.g. Poetry)
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with various different image and video file formats
- Understanding of Computer Vision and standard Machine Learning algorithms (like decision trees, neural networks, support vector machines, clustering,…)