This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our teams use modern, agile methods to meet the needs of our users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Work on things that matter
Our teams connect Veterans with services designed for their needs, help millions of people access affordable health care, and support important programs like Head Start. As we work with agencies to deliver critical services, we’re also changing how the government thinks about and uses technology.
Built for a remote life
Ad Hoc is remote-first and remote-always. We’ve designed our culture, communications, and tools to support a nationwide team. Being remote allows Ad Hoc to bring the best people onto our teams and give them the freedom to create a work environment that fits their lives. Maybe you need to adjust your schedule to care for your family or take a bike ride. At Ad Hoc, that’s welcomed.
Committed to high expectations and a welcoming culture
Ad Hoc values acceptance, accountability, and humility. We aren’t heroes. We leave our egos at the door to learn from our mistakes and improve the process for the next time.. We build small, inclusive teams to bring the best of consumer technology to the problems of government.
Business Unit Overview: Cascades Team
The Financial & Regulatory business unit supports federal agencies like the FDIC, GSA, IRS, Treasury, and the CFPB. Our work helps them create customer experience strategies that enhance taxpayer and beneficiary satisfaction, which then helps improve the public's confidence and compliance in financial and regulatory markets. Our team brings insight into helping our customers solve problems, achieve their missions, and mitigate risks along their modernization journey.
In this role, you will serve as an emerging subject matter expert, while serving as an individual contributor that exhibits a high level of trust, autonomy and empowerment. With minimal oversight from leadership, you will be responsible for leading and monitoring the ability to meet scope, schedule and delivery requirements and may support adjacent programs with the business unit. A Software Engineer III – DevOps exhibits strong influential skills to represent the software engineering practice in planning sessions, advocating for the best technical solution, while communicating tradeoffs. You will serve as the primary lead and proactively communicate with stakeholders; while utilizing strong influential skills to drive improvements in software engineering and DevOps processes and practices. Primary expectations of a Staff DevOps Engineer include:
- Strong influential skills to improve technical decision-making of clients through relationship-building
- Presents on technical topics effectively, articulating implementation complexity and other costs to inform business decisions
- Emerging people leader/mentor that exhibits high levels of trust, autonomy, and empowerment
- Guides the development and operation of the full lifecycle of the solution infrastructure
- Provides expertise in DevOps use of cloud-based services, defined using IaaC tooling
- Ensures processes and design provide robust defense-in-depth through security best-practices
- Ensures that systems operate smoothly and align with CMS/NIST quality and compliance standards so clients retain ATO
- Plans and executes migrations to cloud-native data services
- Actively participates in conversations and planning sessions with partners and key stakeholders
- Periodically travels to work with and present to clients, partners, and stakeholders
- Elaborates on and evolves complex and ambiguous products to uncover constraints and new opportunities
- Effectively communicates on existing systems, design decisions, past performance, and a major history of the projects that they’ve been part of for bid-writing, tech demos, and other potentially client-facing communications
- Participates in technical depth interviews with new candidates
- Internal Requirement: Bachelor's and 5+ years of experience
- Relevant years of experience may be substituted for education
- Demonstrates expert-level knowledge in multiple infrastructure-as-code tools (e.g. terraform, ansible)
- Mastery of key DevOps concepts: installing software, virtualization, containerization, networking, etc.
- Competency or better with Azure, Terraform
Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility . The range of starting pay for this role is $120,000 – $135,000 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.
To learn more about working at Ad Hoc, please visit: https://adhocteam.us/join/