This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our teams use modern, agile methods to meet the needs of our users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Work on things that matter
Built for a remote life
Ad Hoc is remote-first and remote-always. We’ve designed our culture, communications, and tools to support a nationwide team. Being remote allows Ad Hoc to bring the best people onto our teams and give them the freedom to create a work environment that fits their lives. Maybe you need to adjust your schedule to care for your family or take a bike ride. At Ad Hoc, that’s welcomed.
Committed to high expectations and a welcoming culture
Ad Hoc values acceptance, accountability, and humility. We aren’t heroes. We leave our egos at the door to learn from our mistakes and improve the process for the next time.. We build small, inclusive teams to bring the best of consumer technology to the problems of government.
The Federal Civilian business unit supports a wide range of customers that span the federal, commercial, and non-profit space. Our customers include the General Services Administration, Office of Personnel Management, PAN Foundation, Library of Congress, Social Security Administration, Health and Human Services and the USDA US Forest Service. We partner with these agencies to build new capabilities, deliver products, establish data as a strategic asset for informed decision-making, modernize legacy systems, and build the digital service infrastructure necessary to scale their mission impact by applying approaches proven in consumer technology.
In this role, you will serve as an individual contributor within a team; with the support and guidance of leadership, you will be responsible for supporting the goal of meeting scope, schedule and delivery requirements. You will begin to develop an awareness and understanding of the engineering function within the program, as well as interact with stakeholders.
This project includes end-to-end accessibility remediation for the myColorado mobile app, from the landing page as the user opens the app, to every workflow available within the mobile app; every workflow should be remediated, including workflow for guests who click “skip for now” and users that actually create an account. – experience with Mobile, Web, and Accessibility is required.
Primary expectations for a Software Engineer II – Front End include:
- Estimates and completes development tasks including coding, requirements gathering, and analysis with a moderate level of feedback and guidance from their team
- Debugs, optimizes, maintains, and monitors their work in both test and production environments
- Develops tests, monitoring/instrumentation, analytics, and deployment pipeline changes as appropriate for the given task
- Participates in on-call rotations with their team as necessary
- Builds technical and communication skills, gaining context around surrounding areas
- Participates in planning sessions, building an understanding of major architectures and design patterns
- Actively participates in design and asks questions to work toward understanding of technical trade-offs, interactions, and dependencies in the system
- Development of influential skills to help make tactical decisions and support onboarding for new developers
- Exhibits understanding for other roles and practices, including how they are intended to work together
- Minimum 3 years of experience and HS Diploma or equivalent
- Proficient with technical stacks relevant to the program, learning about related specialties
- Mobile, web, accessibility experience
Preferred Qualifications: (Provide the nice to haves for this role; not having these will not disqualify the candidate)
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility . The range of starting pay for this role is $X – $X and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.
To learn more about working at Ad Hoc, please visit: https://adhocteam.us/join/
Job Reference 2238