Wowza Media Systems is currently seeking a Software Engineer to work with the development team to evaluate, design, implement and manage Wowza’s web and back-end systems infrastructure in alignment with the established architectural direction for our products.
This position will play a critical role in driving forward looking innovation, security and developing efficient applications in support of Wowza’s internal business processes and product portfolio.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate initiative, self-motivation and critical thinking skills and have substantial experience working with 3rd party applications and complex systems architectures.
What You’ll Do:
- Evaluate feature scope, complexity and development constraints
- Ensure that features are completed according to product specifications, functional and non-functional requirements and designs
- Coordinate with senior development team and leadership to ensure ongoing alignment with corporate strategy and vision; will include working with remote teammates via video conference
- Estimating level of effort for new features and fixes
- Investigating potential defects reported both internally and by customers
- Reviewing code changes implemented by other developers
- Attending daily stand-up meetings and providing input on user stories
To be successful, you must be very detail-oriented, be a self-starter, and have excellent communication skills. The ability to work well cross-functionally and with remote personnel is also required.
- 6+ years of professional experience in software design with PHP, preferably with Laravel and Composer
- Familiarity with one or more of the following technologies: Reactjs, Redux, MySQL, Kubernetes, Docker, composer, npm, yarn, webpack (or similar)
- Experience with developing and integrating REST APIs
- Experience building full stack web applications using LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP) stack (or similar)
- Experience contributing to the design and implementation of an e-commerce application and customer portal
- Experience using Cloud Service Providers (CSP) such as Amazon AWS, Google GCP, etc.
- Must be a self-starter who can successfully work independently as a part of a geographically and timezone distributed team
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Must be able to shift between multiple projects and reliably meet deadlines.
- Scrum/Agile or Kanban development methodology a plus
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced AGILE environment
- Bonus Eligible
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of our salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on a range of factors, such as a candidate’s qualifications, skills, and competencies. The salary is one component of our total compensation package for employees.
Wowza offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance available 1st day of employment
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with strong company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
- Parental Leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Who We Are:
Wowza Media Systems is a Colorado-based, globally-known leader in video streaming software solutions. Wowza’s software enables its customers to deliver high-fidelity video streams from any source to any destination, reliably at large scale and with low latency. Wowza’s solutions are implemented by tens of thousands of customers in more than 100 countries, across education, healthcare, enterprise, gaming, fitness, auction, e-commerce, and government applications. Founded nearly fifteen years ago, Wowza is backed by private equity firm Clearhaven Partners.
Why Work for Wowza:
Join a fast-paced, private equity-backed Colorado software company sitting at the intersection of mission critical video streaming applications. Wowza has long standing reputations for technical prowess and consistent innovation and has been a consistently growing company. In addition, Wowza’s team works to connect the larger community with our passion for tech. From live-streaming graduation ceremonies for local schools to helping parents monitor their children in the NICU, employees can cultivate the same creative energy that first brought the company to life. Our employees are encouraged to take ownership of their role and coworkers are happy to help one another along their video journey. We have a brand-new company headquarters office as well as remote employees across the US and around the globe. Our Denver-area employees work in a flexible-hybrid environment allowing for flexibility and work-life balance tailored to each individual Wowzan.