The Cross Platform & Experience group in the Private Cloud Product Software Engineering organization is looking for talented developers with passion for modern, full-stack development.
As a developer in our team, you will be responsible for building cutting-edge applications that deliver innovative outcomes to our customers. You will leverage the best of modern cloud native components, building solutions that are operationally robust and impressively scalable.
About Private Cloud Product Software Engineering
Private Cloud Product Software Engineering at Rackspace Technology has two broad areas of design, build and run responsibility:
· Cutting edge customer-facing digital experiences across domains such as AI, security, end point management and programmatic infrastructure
· An innovative enablement platform that helps our engineering teams get products to market faster
We are the interaction point between Private Cloud customers, and the products and services that Rackspace Technology provides.
How We Work
We work closely with product owners to deliver meaningful outcomes for our customers. Successful candidates must be comfortable in a product delivery organization.
We continuously evaluate new technologies to assess their fit within our solutions, so a strong desire to learn is a must. Experience with the technologies we work with today is a plus but not essential. We are committed to delivering excellence and every team member must be comfortable taking ownership of their applications through testing to production.
· Lead cross-functional software development initiatives, including project planning and problem resolution. Must be capable of writing technical specifications and communicating architecture through diagrams and documentation
· Contribute to the development of application features
· Document feature requests and bug reports
· Review, test, debug, and comment on task deliverables
· Provide operational application support
· Mentor early-career engineers
· Investigate new technologies, tools and processes and make recommendations for adoption
· Coordinate, communicate and provide technical support to other functional groups relating to application development and support
· Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field is required. Postgraduation is not mandatory but a plus.
· Total 18+ years with 12years or more of applied experience coding in one or more of the following languages: Python / NodeJS / Typescript / Golang
· Twelve years or more of applied experience working in a *NIX (OSX/Linux/BSD) environment
· Five+ years of AWS expertise (EC2, ECS, S3, Lambda, Step Functions etc.)
· Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization, and unit / integration testing.
· Experienced with a continuous delivery workflow
· Ability to identify customer needs, gather requirements, and execute with high independence.
· Ability to mentor and work effectively in a globally distributed team of engineers.
· Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment that includes changing needs and requirements.
· Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to succinctly present information to stakeholders, the customer, and management.
· Successful candidates will have a product delivery and operational mindset.
Highly desirable skills
· Experience with container technologies (Docker, LXC).
· Experience with GitHub Actions or CircleCI.
· Creative approach to problem solving and excellent analytical skills.
· Ability to quickly adapt to projects that require taking initiative and developing new expertise.
· Understanding of UX, as well as the design techniques and principles involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes and HTML Prototypes
· Knowledge of CSS, Responsive Design Principles, Web Standards, and Accessibility Best Practices