The Social Media Manager (internally called Social Media Lead) will lead strategy and execution for company owned social media channels. They will develop content and manage editorial calendar and digital amplification tools while remaining current on emerging trends and channels to identify company-wide social opportunities. In addition, they will monitor social channels and relevant online conversations to identify reputation risks and opportunities. The Social Media Manager will track, measure, analyze and report social media metrics to optimize based on performance against KPIs.
We are flexible with respect to geographic location, and the ideal candidate will be comfortable working remotely/work from home within the U.S. or from our office in Bethesda, MD, Durham, NC or Austin, TX.
- Develop strategy for company-wide social media channels in collaboration with marketing and other cross functional teams.
- Develop and manage content and engagement for company social media channels ( including but not limited to): X. Facebook, LinkedIn. Recommend executive level thought leadership opportunities to amplify brand and conduct social media trainings.
- Conduct social media listening, monitoring and measurement and recommend strategies and tactics to optimize brand and manage reputation.
- Participate in strategic communications planning. Research social media and industry trends and recommend opportunities to maximize company brand. Manage vendor relationships and tools for social media monitoring and amplification.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in communications, marketing, data analytics or related field
- 6+ years experience managing social media channels in large multi-stakeholder organization or communications agency
Preferred knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Experience implementing and using social listening, monitoring and employee engagement tools (eg Meltwater, HootSuite, Amplify etc); proficiency in leveraging tools and platforms to improve content creation, distribution, and performance tracking
- WordPress fluent and able to learn/develop skillsets for various platforms including Google sites, Pardot and more
- Proven track record of developing and executing successful content strategies across platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communications and collaboration skills, with a demonstrated track record of effective stakeholder management; ability to work collaboratively across teams, and coordinate content development with program, design and production functions
- Ability to understand and learn from data-driven insights; analytical mindset guiding decision-making
- Experience with online reputation management and crisis management
- Experience in healthcare industry, especially Medicare and value based care and working with B2B audiences
- Able to work under pressing deadlines across multiple projects
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time. Extensive use of computers and keyboard. Occasional walking and lifting may be required.