Social Marketing Manager
Biffa Waste Services High Wycombe, England, United Kingdom Full-time 2022-07-26
Changing the way people think about waste
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we’re turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It’s a view that’s shared by our 10,000 people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that’s always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it’s why we’re the UK’s No. 1 choice for business waste management.
A quick look at the role
The Social Marketing Manager will own and direct Biffa’s business to business brand, corporate affairs and commercial social strategy by increasing engagement, amplifying messages, and driving improvements to brand, commercial and PR performance through social activity.
*** This is a home based role with occasional national travel as required ***
Why it’s an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Responsible for creating, distribution and syndicating content across social channels, to engage users, build our brand, and drive awareness of our services – measuring success against core OKR’s
- Set the strategic direction for our use of social media and for all forms of social content, you will align the social strategy to business goals and work with internal/ external teams to define most appropriate channels to disseminate content to.
- Create optimised social content that increases website traffic volumes, audience engagement and provides high quality back-links to the Biffa website. Social content will be created with a clear purpose aligned to the overarching content strategy, brand strategy, and business deliverables.
- Work across the Customer Service teams and external agencies to monitor sentiment and set out processes to proactively manage comments in a timely and customer focused way, promoting positive responses and ensuring customers contact is managed and monitored.
- Support the development and successful execution of quarterly omnichannel campaign content, devising a range of suitable social materials to engage and inform customers, educate prospects and drive stronger category interest.
- Enhance campaign reach with proactive social communications that support brand building, customer acquisition and customer retention.
- Demonstrate growth by developing and publishing content that supports the full customer buying lifecycle, measuring success against reach, engagement, sentiment, share of voice and channel contribution.
- Report on effectiveness and results ensuring all elements achieve required performance criteria, against primary objective of campaign effectiveness and within defined CPL/CPA parameters.
- Work closely with the Corporate Affairs function to manage the social and PR calendar, aligning content plans to ensuring we realise commercial benefits from content created in other areas of the business. Continually look at ways of extending the reach and amplification of content across core audience groups.
- Develop an internal ‘hub and spoke’ social model to drive advocacy as well as strategic and message consistency across the business, amplifying and increasing reach. This will include educating people on best practice, how to build impactful profiles, and developing networks.
- Experience setting and implementing a multichannel social strategy
- Experience of developing social materials to tight deadlines/ budgets.
- Management of multiple social channels, accounts and handles.
- Proven experience of developing successful content amplification and engagement strategies through social.
- Experience of developing a social strategy within a matrix environment, and amplifying reach through employee networks
- Understanding of digital CTA and social mechanisms to drive response / actions
- Experience of using data and insights to reach appropriate audiences and drive results
- Able to produce impressive social content and develop materials to tight deadlines/ budgets
- Collaborative team player who is able to take feedback on board and adapt to change
- Results driven with high standards
- Excellent time management with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Resilient with the ability to work effectively to tight deadlines
And here’s why you’ll love it at Biffa.
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus
- Generous pension scheme
- Private medical and dental scheme
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Holiday and travel discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ongoing career development and coaching – because if you don’t grow, we don’t grow.
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It’s why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.