Pathpoint Remote Full-time

Overview
Pathpoint is building the modern distribution infrastructure for the $120B E&S insurance market. Today, more than 20% of commercial insurance business is placed into the E&S market, yet agents, brokers, and carriers rely on analog, inefficient, and imprecise systems, paperwork, and tools to transact. Pathpoint is the only wholesale distribution platform that uses technology to connect carriers and agents around the country, streamlining and automating submissions, underwriting, binding, compliance, payments, and service through technology and people. All brought to you by a team committed to raising the bar in E&S insurance.(Learn more)
We’re seeking a dynamic, efficient Underwriting Operations Manager to join our rapidly expanding team. Our technology allows us to automatically underwrite and quote 70% of the accounts we handle. We need an underwriter to handle the remaining 30%—the more intricate cases—using their previous training and experience to make decisions when the system cannot.
We need a professional who can become familiar with and work within our carrier guidelines, as well as with our carrier underwriters, to provide terms for our clients. Pathpoint specializes in small commercial E&S business.
This is a completely remote position serving Pacific Standard Time, requiring availability during normal business hours in this time zone. Infrequent overnight travel may be required.
As with any fast-growing small company, there are significant leadership opportunities for top-performing contributors.
What We’re Looking For
At least 2 years of small commercial underwriting experience, with strong technical skills in writing small commercial business in the E&S Space.
A confident self-starter with a strong desire to collaborate and innovate in a remote environment, and the ability to communicate respectfully during problem-solving.
Decision-makers who can work independently, unafraid to make mistakes, learn from them, or ask for assistance.
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks accurately in a fast-paced environment while meeting established deadlines.
Excellent digital literacy, with the ability to learn and adapt to unfamiliar systems or software.
Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and unwavering ethics. Small details matter in our highly regulated and nuanced industry.
Humility. Every team member, including our CEO, is open to multiple roles and responsibilities. No task is considered beneath anyone at Pathpoint.
What You’ll Do
Collaborate closely with Account Managers to meet client needs.
Oversee a U.S. region, providing quotes and services for new and renewal accounts.
Analyze coverage requirements and interpret risk exposure to provide terms within the guidelines of our carrier partners.
Use digital communication tools such as Slack, Salesforce, and Google Meets to communicate with your team.
Utilize carrier systems to quote, bind, and service accounts.
Ensure accurate and complete documentation for your accounts, adhering to Pathpoint and carrier requirements.
Contribute to the ongoing automation and improvement of the submission quoting, binding, and servicing experience for retail agents. This is achieved through collaboration with the Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales teams.
What We Offer
Competitive compensation, equity, and healthcare packages
Remote-first working environment while investing in in-person collaboration
Monthly lunch stipend
Annual home office stipend
Monthly WiFi stipend
Flexible time off
Paid parental leave
401(k) available
About Pathpoint
Pathpoint’s Values:
Hard Problems Drive Us: We believe the insurance industry hasn’t kept up with changing times and fixing that is a hard problem worth solving.
We Start with Why: Seek to understand what customers care about. Use data to challenge assumptions and figure out the problem.
We Take Ownership and Accountability: We think people are their happiest when they have high ownership and accountability over the problems confronting them and are empowered to move decisively to work on them.
We Work Together: Nothing happens without the individual efforts of our team members, but effective teamwork is how we build and maintain customer value.
We Move Forward: We value the ability to persist through adversity to achieve goals and believe speed plays an important role.
Pathpoint is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this position at this time. By applying to this job, you confirm that you are eligible to work in the U.S. without requiring visa sponsorship now or in the future. Thank you for your understanding.