This position can be hired remotely anywhere within the U.S.
Optiv’s SLED (State, Local, & Education) Contract Manager is primarily responsible for supporting Optiv’s SLED organization through the identification and capture of National, State, and Local contract vehicles. This role supports the efforts of the Sr. Director to build an effective SLED organization, expanding the roster of vehicles our field sales team have access to and expand the solutions available to sell from Optiv’s catalog of services and OEM partners.
How you’ll make an impact
- Identify and capture contract vehicles in line with strategic direction
- Partner with internal and partner organizations to maximize depth and breadth of offerings.
- Advise on strategic importance and complexities of various SLED contracting vehicles to align capture strategy with maximal territory coverage and revenue-generating potential.
- Partner with internal departments to coordinate and respond to contract vehicle procurement requests.
- Work with partner organizations as applicable ensure Optiv’s inclusion in partner or distributor led capture processes.
- Coordinate with internal team to ensure all necessary documentation and reference information is stored in the CRM.
- Compile contract information and direction for Legal to sign and amend contracts as needed.
- Strategize with Sr. Director to grow State, Local and Educational customer sales.
- Build relationships with alliance partnerships and government contract agencies.
- Work independently to develop efficient policies and procedures that are scalable to a growing organization.
- Develop and retain industry knowledge to be used to identify expertise. Commitment to developing knowledge and experience.
- Manage Contract Vehicle databases and SharePoint sites with copies of contracts and eligible vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for
- 6-10 years of SLED contract capture or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience in technical or information technologies industry preferred.
- Prior experience with procurement/capture tools or bid platforms desired
- Experience with Qvidian or similar tools preferred
- Ability to work in a sales partnership setting
- Expertise with both traditional and non-traditional acquisition methods, Cooperative Purchasing Agreements, state managed procurement contracts, IDIQs, RFI/Q/P, and competitive bidding processes
- Experience with National contracts and organizations; GSA, NASPO, OMNIA, DIR, E-Rate, etc.
- Experience with State and Local Contracts; DIR, CMAS, SLP, NY, NJ, FL, etc.
- A high level of self-motivation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office; Specifically Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.