Sinch is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Site Reliability Engineering team! This team is responsible for building and operating the infrastructure at the heart of every Sinch Email service. As an engineer on this team, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of our global infrastructure. This would include monitoring and tracking key performance indicators, working with other engineers to ensure our products and services are appropriately resourced, automating all the things, and planning for future growth and scalability.
- Work closely with product engineering teams to identity systems requirements
- Build and support our cloud-based microservices infrastructure
- Automate wherever possible – routine processes and remediation tasks shouldn’t require human intervention
- Develop, monitor and track SLOs for the systems under management
- Proactively troubleshoot, resolve, and plan for issues that typically come from support staff, other engineering teams, and our automated monitoring system
- Ensure our datastores are healthy and operate at optimal performance levels
- Contribute to our growing engineering team and culture!
- 5+ years experience in infrastructure, operations, or software engineering
- Proficiency in Python or Go
- Expertise with containers and orchestration systems like Nomad
- Expertise with cloud providers such as AWS, GCP
- Expertise with configuration management tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Expertise with modern monitoring tools like Prometheus and Grafana
- Expertise with distributed data stores such as Cassandra, MongoDB, and ElasticSearch
- A strong and nimble set of technical skills across technologies the team interacts with, such as commonly used infrastructure technologies
- Proven experience in decomposing complex tasks into concrete tasks
- Strong communication skills and proven track record of building strong relationships with peers and leadership
- Experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment
- STAY HEALTHY: We offer 100% employer-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans. A variety of supplemental plans are also provided to meet your individual needs including access to telehealth for all participants.
- CARE FOR YOURSELF: Take advantage of our free virtual counseling resources through our global Employee Assistance Program. Your mental health is as important as your physical health.
- SECURE YOUR FUTURE: Plan for your future with our Roth and Pre-tax 401(k) options including an employer match for all participants.
- TAKE A BREAK: Enjoy 5+ weeks of paid time off. We value balance and understand that performance at work requires time to rest at home and/or rejuvenate on vacation.
- PUT FAMILY FIRST: We know that families can be built in a variety of ways; therefore, we offer paid parental leave and family planning support through Maven.
- WORK WHEREVER: Our flexible remote work offerings allow you to work wherever you’re the most productive and successful. It’s what you do, not where you work, that matters.
- TREAT YOURSELF: Our comprehensive anniversary program offers a personalized experience in recognition of milestones achieved.
- MAKE AN IMPACT: Support betterment in your community and beyond by taking paid time off to support a volunteer program of your choice.
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and values diversity of thought as a beacon for performance. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
The annual starting salary for this position is between $124,800 – 163,800. Factors which may affect starting pay within this range may include geography/market, skills, education, experience, and other qualifications.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.