We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Instacart recently acquired Caper AI to help retailers unify the in-store and online shopping experience for customers no matter how they choose to shop. Caper’s cutting-edge, AI-powered shopping carts and automated checkout counters bring together online and offline shopping to create a completely new in-store experience for customers.
In addition to acquiring Caper AI’s technology, we’re delighted to welcome the Caper team to the Instacart family. The global Caper team is based primarily in New York City and Shanghai, China, and will bring new hardware expertise to Instacart’s already deep product and technology team. Together, we’re excited to create new ways for retailers to solve for the ever-changing needs of their businesses and customers.
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. Caper’s unique technology is a plug-and-play solution that does not require retail store renovation, operational overhaul, heavy compute, and endless image labeling & training. Retailers simply purchase smart shopping carts and the entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities!
Caper is one of the fastest-growing retail automation technology products in the market, costs less than 1% of our competitions’ infrastructure and is already widely adopted in the marketplace. Our cross-functional and durable Product team solves hard customer & business problems in ways that our customers love.
About the Job
A Shipping/ Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for the timely and accurate organization and completion of all shipping-related tasks. This position will coordinate and track shipments, ensure all orders are packaged, labeled, and shipped in a safe and efficient manner, as well as relaying all communications concerning the delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Organizing and managing inventory, storage and transportation.
- Keep logs and records of warehouse stock, executed orders etc.
Process shipping and receiving paperwork, including bills of lading, packing slips, and purchase orders
- Track shipments and delivery dates
- Maintain accurate records of shipments, including dates, costs, and tracking numbers
- Analyzing and optimizing logistical procedures
- Reviewing, preparing and routing purchase orders.
- A degree in business management, logistics or another relevant field
- 1+ years of logistics, inventory, or warehouse management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to work quickly to meet deadlines.
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong attention to detail to ensure critical hardware and consumables are being delivered on time.
- Knowledge of Ocean, Air FCL, and LCL is an asset.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and ISO requirements
- Competitive rate
- This is a contract position.
- $25-27/hr, depending on experience.