Who is Credible?
We are a marketplace where users can compare personalized, prequalified rates and quotes from multiple lenders and carriers, for student loans, mortgages, personal loans and insurance.
We’re challenging the status quo by giving power to the consumer. We believe in a world where ‘ethical’, ‘lending’, and ‘insurance’ can coexist, so we set out to build innovative platforms that actually work for customers. Our mission is to help people find the best loan or insurance policy possible.
We believe researching and buying loans or insurance shouldn’t be confusing or complex, so we’ve focused on simplicity. We’ve created the only unbiased loan and insurance buying process out there, which makes finding options straightforward and clear.
About the Role:
Credible is looking for a data-driven, results-oriented SEO Strategist to join our Content and SEO team.
Level up your SEO career and challenge yourself by working in one of the most competitive search landscapes out there. You will be an integral part of the team by helping execute organic research, implement recommendations, analyze organic growth and learn about content marketing hands-on. Your work will help consumers make better financial decisions and help them make a profound difference in their financial livelihood.
This is a great opportunity for you to join a growth stage company and meaningfully contribute to the success of our marketing program. This role would be good for someone who is looking to build a career in SEO and compete at the cutting edge of the industry.
- Build robust SEO content briefs to inform content production
- Assist in managing content workflow based on an understanding of production timelines
- Evaluate the website to identify content gaps for future content production
- Perform regular technical SEO audits and provide solutions for technical fixes
- Assist in providing on-site content recommendations based off of SEO best practices and competitive research
- Monitor organic search performance of Credible and top competitor sites across one or more verticals
- Partner with our SEO manager to create and deliver recurring SEO performance reports, provide actionable insights for senior executives and stakeholders, collaborate on quarterly progress reviews and forecasts
- Stay up to date on industry trends and continually expand SEO knowledge
Education and Experience:
- 2+ years of experience working in SEO, digital content, or marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, journalism, communications, information technology or a related field preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate under pressure on time-critical initiatives
- Strong command of the English language, including spelling and rules of composition and grammar
- Superior attention to detail, organization and strong project management skills
- Experience working within WordPress and other content management systems a plus
- Experience with SEO software a plus (Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Data Studio, Ahrefs, SEMRush, ScreamingFrog, Sitebulb, etc)
- Experience with basic HTML and CSS a plus
- Managed a personal blog/website a strong plus
Personality and Values:
- Passionate about content (and personal finance!)
- Always taking initiative and able to work independently
- Eager to work in a dynamic start-up environment where opportunity for ownership and impact is significant
- A sponge and are eager to learn from an experienced SEO
- Hungry to beat the competition
Credible is open to hiring candidates in the following locations: Arizona, California, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin
We combine the intelligence, expertise and confidence of a financial advisor with the approachability and honesty of a friend. In other words, we’re the friend you always wish you had in finance.
We are optimistic, challengers, trustworthy, clever, and smart. We are open and transparent. We strive to act as advisors by being friendly, objective, and open in our communication. We use language that is intelligent yet approachable. When appropriate, we’ll drop in a bit of wit to position ourselves as a fresh, reliable voice in the financial world.