Who is Credible?
We are a marketplace where users can compare personalized, prequalified rates and quotes from multiple lenders and carriers, for student loans, mortgages, personal loans and insurance.
We’re challenging the status quo by giving power to the consumer. We believe in a world where ‘ethical’, ‘lending’, and ‘insurance’ can coexist, so we set out to build innovative platforms that actually work for customers. Our mission is to help people find the best loan or insurance policy possible.
We believe researching and buying loans or insurance shouldn’t be confusing or complex, so we’ve focused on simplicity. We’ve created the only unbiased loan and insurance buying process out there, which makes finding options straightforward and clear.
About the Role:
Credible is looking for a data-driven, results-oriented SEO Lead to join our SEO team.
Level up your SEO career and challenge yourself by working in one of the most competitive financial services sector. This role would be responsible for the strategy, planning and execution of content-driven SEO projects. As a SEO Lead, you will be committed to leading the expansion of our search visibility in collaboration with Credible’s content and product team’s. You will analyze and test SEO theories, develop and lead growth strategies, and run SEO initiatives to drive qualified traffic to Credible. Your work will help consumers make better financial decisions and help them make a profound difference in their financial livelihood.
This is a great opportunity for you to join a high-growth stage company. Help us accelerate organic SEO growth at Credible.
The role is full-time and 100% remote. Compensation is based on experience.
You’re a great fit for this role if you’re:
- Naturally curious and resourceful and are willing to take initiative to gather data/information
- Able to leverage data to quantify upside and justify investment
- Able to demonstrate a top class understanding of on-page SEO
- Familiar with building high quality pages at scale
- A sponge and are eager to learn from a team of experienced SEO’s
- Unrelenting in your desire to beat the competition
- Eager to work in a dynamic start-up environment where an opportunity for ownership and impact is significant
- Manage content workflow based on an understanding of production timelines
- Conduct extensive topical and competitive research and interpret user intent to produce best-in-class content briefs
- Pair keyword research with business data to inform recommendations
- Craft and test SEO hypotheses
- Identify, quantify and manage SEO opportunities that would increase overall organic traffic and generate new qualified leads
- Perform regular SEO audits and optimizing exercises
- Consult and provide recommendations to an array of different internal teams
- Assist in driving strategy and execution of Credible’s content optimization engine, ensuring our content ranks as high as possible at all times
- Conduct on-page analysis at scale to ensure proper keyword targeting for Credible pages
- Monitor organic search performance of Credible and top competitor sites across mortgage verticals
- Deliver recurring SEO performance reports, provide actionable insights for senior executives and stakeholders, collaborate on quarterly progress reviews and forecasts
- Stay up to date on industry trends and continually expand SEO knowledge
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience working in SEO, digital content, and/or marketing with proven results
- Ability to strategize, plan, implement and monitor multiple projects independently
- Experience quantifying the impact of your SEO recommendations, both before and after implementation
- Experience with SEO software a (Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Ahrefs, SEMRush, ScreamingFrog, etc)
- Resourcefulness to research and seek out relevant information when needed
- Experience writing content briefs and technical briefs for content production and technical projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate under pressure on time-critical initiatives
- Posses a problem-solving, detail oriented and analytical mindset
- Ability to inspect HTML and explain its impact to SEO
- Functional knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Strong command of the English language, including spelling and rules of composition and grammar
- Superior attention to detail, organization and strong project management skills
- Experience managing at a minimum, hundreds of pages or more
- Experience working within WordPress and other content management systems
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, journalism, communications, information technology or a related field preferred
Credible is open to hiring candidates in the following locations: Arizona, California, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin
We combine the intelligence, expertise and confidence of a financial advisor with the approachability and honesty of a friend. In other words, we’re the friend you always wish you had in finance.
We are optimistic, challengers, trustworthy, clever, and smart. We are open and transparent. We strive to act as advisors by being friendly, objective, and open in our communication. We use language that is intelligent yet approachable. When appropriate, we’ll drop in a bit of wit to position ourselves as a fresh, reliable voice in the financial world.