Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce and parcel shipping volumes are exploding but so are customer expectations about shipping speed and cost. Managing shipping and logistics operations to meet increasingly exacting demands is an extremely hard endeavor, especially for SMBs who can be left in the dust by larger and far more sophisticated competitors. But this does not have to be so.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses with access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise. We lower the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world, and move shipping from a pain point to a competitive advantage.
Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, from fast-growing brands to mom-and-pop shops are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard, and seamlessly run every aspect of their shipping operations, from checkout shipping options to returns.
Join us to build the foundations of something hard yet meaningful, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, and funded by top-tier investors like D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, we are a fast-growing and proudly distributed Unicorn with hubs in San Francisco and Austin. We are also featured in Wealthfront’s Career Launching List and Forbes’ Cloud 100 list of fast growing startups.
As the Sr. Web Manager, you will own the visitor journey, web conversion strategy, and all things related to the Shippo website. You’ll turn those strategies into roadmaps and execute on cross-functional initiatives to achieve conversion targets, scale our site traffic, improve performance, and engage and acquire merchants and partners. This is a highly cross-functional role. You’ll collaborate with stakeholders across Marketing and other creative and technical teams within Shippo to create a highly differentiated customer site experience. The Sr. Web Manager thrives on turning vague problems into structured solutions. You always stay up-to-date with the latest web technologies to deliver a superior experience while optimizing the website for search engines, building a plan to grow organic traffic, and improving web conversion rates to generate qualified leads.
- Develop growth and conversion strategy and reporting cadence for our marketing website.
- Lead strategy and execution on organic growth initiatives, driving growth in both merchant and partner KPIs. This includes web strategy, SEO, CRO, and Design Initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners – including Demand Generation, Product Marketing, Content Marketing, and Design – to initiate web projects that help meet business objectives and establish Shippo web properties as a tool to educate prospects, increase conversions, and improve the customer experience.
- Work in lockstep with agency partners, including web developer, SEO agency, and web analytics consultant, to maintain external web properties, manage updates, and implement SEO best practices to drive conversion.
- Oversee internal design team, and shepherd the creation of visual site assets that reflect the Shippo brand.
- Work closely with RevOps team to oversee management of our web analytics tools (Google Data Studio), and use findings to provide relevant analysis and recommendations that drive acquisition.
- Measure, evaluate, and report on all aspects of the web and communicate performance to the marketing team and other stakeholders.
- 8+ years of B2B digital marketing experience, with expertise in web marketing, performance strategy or growth marketing.
- Proven track record driving strategy and execution of impactful web strategy and organic growth initiatives.
- Working knowledge of CMS (WordPress), web optimization, and web analytics tools, including Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Ahrefs, and SEMRush.
- Knowledge conducting website experiments and managing A/B testing to maximize conversions, documenting final test results, and iterating on learnings.
- Proven success in utilizing analytics to measure performance, provide strategic recommendations, and determine next steps.
- Solid understanding of information architecture, user testing, interaction, and visual design.
- Experience leading design team, and comfort guiding visual brand look and feel.
- Ability to demonstrate project management prowess.
- Effective time management and organizational skills in a fast-paced organization, while maintaining a proactive, goal-oriented mindset.
- Strong ability to communicate clear recommendations and deliver concise and reliable reporting to external partners and within all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with e-commerce supply chain concepts and shipping technologies preferred but not required.