OLAPLEX, Inc. (Nasdaq: OLPX) is an innovative, science-enabled, technology-driven beauty company. We are founded on the principle of delivering effective, patent-protected, and proven performance in the categories where we compete. We strive to empower our consumers to look as beautiful on the outside as they feel on the inside. We believe every person deserves to have healthy, beautiful hair, whether they are visiting a salon or caring for their hair at home.
OLAPLEX has been able to achieve phenomenal growth and we continuously seek exceptionally talented individuals who can support our innovation and creativity. We currently operate in a fully remote environment; because of this, collaboration and flexibility are at the core of our commitment to each other and to the success of OLAPLEX.
The Senior Web Engineer helps with the definition, execution, and analysis of Olaplex’s web-based technology, initiatives, for a portfolio of existing and new applications which are customer & professional, as well as partner ecosystem facing. This role will partner closely with cross-functional teams to ideate, create, and align on technology solutions across all web initiatives as well as related partner initiatives. This role will also oversee and drive execution of cloud-based technology capabilities which enhance eCommerce, professional, customer, and partner integration systems. The Web Engineer designs, develops, maintains, and proposes technology platforms that deliver personalized content, commerce, and marketing user-centric experiences. Real-time, cross-channel technology solutions which include the creation of omni-channel digital experiences across web, mobile, social, physical, and video eCommerce are key areas of focus.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of leveraging an agile, iterative, layered approach to building solutions, applications, and web platforms. The ability to think across the needs of various user groups and to build high value experiences using many tools and platforms is a key requirement. This position will report to the technology team Web Lead.
Core responsibilities – about the role
- Maintain and improve existing web-based applications, and help manage external development teams on newer projects
- Responsible for the strategy, design, execution, day-to-day operational capability, and development of the web technology stack
- Collaborate with senior leaders to build a shared digital vision across the enterprise by collaborating on & co-owning a web technology & web platform roadmap which aligns to go-to-market strategy for the company
- Partner with Web, Data, Product, Security & Infrastructure, and ERP Leads to develop a coherent and impactful set of solutions to conceptualize, develop, build, and iteratively expand web solutions
- Advocate core web development principles across the business to drive adoption and growth
- A hands-on approach to define, validate, and prioritize epics/initiatives to form product roadmaps
- Keep abreast of web technology & web standards with growth, scalability, and security in mind
- Provide functional knowledge to guide on strategy, direction, and timing of web technology platform and products
- Stay informed of consumer, technology, and eCommerce trends to identify new markets and inform future technology strategy and prioritization
Qualifications – about you
- Bachelor’s degree with quantitative focus or equivalent practical experience preferred, but not required
- 7+ years of experience working in a web engineer & web development capacity
- Experience working across the entire software development process (concept, design through to delivery)
- Ability to understand the business needs of a task and approach a solution that balances quality, time, effort, and complexity
- Exceptional grasp of the fundamental principles of web development, lean product development, and agile practices
- Ability to solve complex problems, get to an answer quickly, and with an improvement mindset
- Constantly striving to learn, develop, and grow
- Strong collaborator, facilitator, mentor, and teammate. We like to work with friendly people who thrive when working collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities
- Strong communication (written/verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills
- Significant experience working with business leaders to deliver quantitative insights
- Energetic, personable, and comfortable working under tight deadlines
Experience with the following:
- Relational database (MySQL or Postgres) and ORMs such as Eloquent
- PHP, including Laravel or similar MVC frameworks
- React and Next.js
- REST, SOAP and API development
- Jira, confluence or similar Agile project organization tools
- Exposure to mobile app development a plus
- Experience with AWS & related web technology stack
Our Total Rewards
- Work/Life Balance: Remote work environment, paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules.
- Wellness: Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees in addition to short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance; dependent care flexible spending account company match
- Financial Well-being: Roth and 401k plans; 401k match of 50% up to the first 6%
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program: Career development is as important to us as we know it is to you!
- Culture: Our team has an “attitude of gratitude” and a shared passion for our brand. Join our culture committee and/or DE&I champion team to play a role in building and sustaining our “secret sauce.”
- Recognition: We celebrate our peers and colleagues with our monthly ‘Hero Recognition and Awards’ program. Make a difference as a ‘Bond Builder’ and/or ‘Commendable Creative!’
- Products: Fourteen (14) free products per year, plus a friends and family discount.
We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes. We are looking for someone who will bring all their expertise, learn, and grow with us.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At OLAPLEX, we support and stand up for our community with our talent, content, messages, and product offering. We strive to build and nurture a culture where a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is instinctive. Our deep sense of passion and pride in what we do, both as individuals and as a company, unifies our shared commitment to 'do well and do good'. We recognize and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know they create a stronger and more creative work environment.
OLAPLEX is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.