At ALT, we envision a world where anything is an investable asset. Using trading cards, we’re establishing a proof of concept to create financial products that traditional financial institutions don’t support or recognize as collateral.
To date, we’ve raised over $100 million from thought leaders at the intersection of culture, community, and capital. Some of our investors include Alexis Ohanian’s fund Seven Seven Six, the founders of Stripe, Coinbase co-founder Fred Ehrsam, BlackRock co-founder Sue Wagner, the co-founders of AngelList, First Round Capital, and BoxGroup. We’re also backed by professional athletes including Tom Brady, Candace Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Alex Morgan, Kevin Durant, and Marlon Humphrey.
ALT is a dedicated equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We celebrate our differences and strive to create an inclusive environment for all. We are focused on fostering a culture of empowerment which starts with providing our employees with the resources needed to reach their full potential.
What we are looking for:
As the Senior Visual/UI Designer at ALT, you would work on the core ALT platform. You will be creating a seamless user experience across various platforms to allow users to manage, insure and leverage their alternate asset portfolio. As one of the early members of the Design team, you will have a tremendous impact on the product, brand, and company trajectory.
The impact you will make:
- Develop the visual design standards and design system in collaboration with other designers, product and engineering.
- As a hands-on designer with a meticulous eye for detail, you’ll help oversee work to ensure it is created with creativity and expert craftsmanship.
- You love working with copywriters/content designers to create stellar experiences and flows.
- You’ll help construct design systems that combine delight and systematic thinking to deliver incredible experiences.
- Work with design, product, marketing and engineering to ensure pixel-perfect implementation of your designs across various digital platforms (websites, mobile apps, emails)
- Conduct and participate in design reviews with a range of stakeholders
- Spot opportunities to improve design and team processes Inspire your team to push the boundaries of UI and Visual quality.
- Pushing our visual design language to the next level.
- Lead efforts with collaborators to refine design assets for use across multiple platforms.
What you bring to the table:
- 5-8 years of experience as a Visual/UI Designer that has worked on various kinds of projects and platforms.
- Highly conceptual thinking in both visual and interaction design. We want you to blow us away with your work.
- You understand how to design with constraints and also how to break and challenge them.
- Prototyping, animation, illustration and responsive designs are your passions.
- Skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and are receptive to feedback
- Experience working on a leading/mature design system.
- Portfolio demonstrating deep experience in visual design.
- Problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile.
- Strong expertise in common design tools (ie Figma, sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, After effects, etc)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; both written and verbal.
What you will get from us:
- You will be given resources to help grow your personal brand and to position yourself as a thought leader in areas relevant to Alt.
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Alt team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company. The opportunities for growth are truly limitless.
- An inclusive company culture that is being built intentionally to foster an environment that supports and engages talent in their current and future endeavors.
- Stipend to invest in alternative assets
- 401K, Work from home and Wellness Stipends
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- Competitive healthcare benefits, including HSA, for you and your dependent(s)