Please note: This is a 1099 contract opportunity.
Who we are: At Hypergiant, our work is driven by individuals pushing the boundaries and always professionally challenging our clients to think differently. We’re seeking individuals who are both analytical and creative and can help us fuel our motto: Know Tomorrow, Act Today.
We’re based in Texas and have a strong track record of working with some of the biggest brands around the world in industries spanning retail, e-commerce, media streaming, oil & gas, energy, aviation, healthcare, and more. We provide large enterprises with cutting-edge advice, bespoke technology solutions, and deployment expertise needed to harness the value of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Our goal is to work with forward-thinking organizations and to help them understand how Artificial Intelligence will affect their business and their industry.
How you’ll make an impact:
You will be working for one of the biggest music streaming companies which is rapidly expanding its services to drive further engagement of consumers via smartphones, tablets, PCs, and connected devices while continuing to maintain and grow its adoption in connected cars. This position will manage the software engineering team(s) developing the platform APIs supporting music applications, providing a cohesive experience across Client Applications. You'll also be the primary contact collaborating with Product, Marketing, and partnering Engineering teams to harmonize our efforts toward shared company goals. The Senior Technical Program Manager is responsible for organizing, driving, and accounting for insights into the technology we develop while building cross-functional relationships through communication and collaboration. The role will help ensure our teams are aligned with the product roadmap and deliver best-in-class consumer applications for all our products.
What you’ll do:
- Write and host VP-level monthly business reviews.
- Develop dashboards and metrics to report the progress of engineering excellence
- Become a subject matter expert of reliability engineering domain which you are a part of, serving as a direct point of contact for project and team discussions.
- Facilitate org-level processes such as program reviews and retrospectives that provide visibility, surface risks, and blockers, and offer avenues for input and feedback to Platform Services leaders and stakeholders
- Facilitate the development of requirements in consideration of known technical capabilities, limitations, and interdependencies across entities.
- Drive execution and delivery of multiple high-profile product or software development projects from start to finish and/or manage the work of one to two midsize to large engineering teams.
- Define and execute a high-caliber communication and delivery plan for complex programs
- Assist teams in story writing, backlog maintenance, prioritization and planning. Facilitating creation and prioritization of project-level features and backlogs.
- Continuously evaluate the process and seek ways to improve at every iteration.
- Lead planning, refinement, and release ceremonies for the engineering team.
- Proactively highlight and resolve risks and issues and communicate those risks to stakeholders
- Forecast program risks, while proactively analyzing and communicating mitigation plans to stakeholders
- Cultivate relationships across engineering and technical teams to drive progress forward, influence negotiations, and advocate for desired outcomes that best serve our teams.
What you'll need:
- 7+ years of experience in a technical role in software development organizations, including at least 5 years facilitating as a Technical Program Manager in reliability engineering space, Technical Project Manager, or Scrum Master, managing cross-functional projects
- Track record of managing a complex software development program with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to lead and influence cross-organizational teams in introducing new tools and processes to optimize engineering output.
- Extensive experience with SDLC methodologies, allowing for flexibility in the process.
- Have strong technical proficiency demonstrated in any number of ways, for example, coding skills, quality assurance experience technical writing background, or similar
- Experience managing multiple teams for a program with varying degrees of maturity on both the Scrum and Traditional program management scales.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to facilitate parties working collaboratively and efficiently.
- Working knowledge in release planning and management.
- Experience in risk reporting, management, and mitigation.
- Preferred certifications: Scrum Master Certification (such as CSM or PSM), PMP, and any other relevant certifications.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Hypergiant Industries is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We offer a fun, flexible work environment, and company-sponsored activities, and commit to providing each employee with job satisfaction by addressing core needs. Learn more at hypergiant.com.