Senior Technical Product Owner – Cloud Infrastructure & Networking
Aiven Germany Full-time 2022-07-28
Would you like to join a well-funded scale-up that combines the best cloud data technologies into an all-in-one platform that anyone in the world can use to build what they need?
Aiven provides an open source data platform as a service. With our tools, our customers can get on with their own great work while we manage their data infra.
Aiven in a crabshell:
- We are experts in open source and cloud tech
- Our platform delivers reliable and secure data ops
- Global service footprint & support organization
- Security is in our DNA
- 500+ customers in 60+ countries
- $210M in VC funding
- Headquarters in Helsinki, offices in Berlin, Boston, Paris, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto and Tokyo, employees all over the world.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We strive every day to build an inclusive workplace where all of us can thrive.
Come and read more about us at https://aiven.io/blog/what-is-aiven.
We are looking for a Senior Product Owner focused on networking and cloud infrastructure to join our product management team. You will be a great fit if you have solid experience in building solutions for enterprise networking needs in the cloud, understand cloud infrastructure provisioning, and have enabled commercial partnerships.
Aiven product currently includes networking capabilities such as Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) which includes private connectivity via PrivateLink solutions and AWS Transit Gateway, Bring Your Own Account (BYOA) and support for static IP addresses.
Aiven offers dedicated instances across the supported cloud infrastructure providers and is continuously looking for ways to further reduce the operational management required by our customers.
Our OEM partner ecosystem spans multiple global cloud infrastructure providers for whom we power their DBaaS product portfolio. You will work hand-in-hand with our partnerships team to develop a robust, scalable, platform integration solution.
This is a deeply technical role with high demand that will have a significant impact on the growth of Aiven.
This is a full-time, permanent role and you can work from almost anywhere in EU (it could be fully-remote or hybrid depending on your situation).
- Defining longer term product strategy across the networking, cloud infrastructure and partner integration initiatives that influence our platform strategy.
- Having a strong focus on platform development, working to ensure scalable, consistent and efficient networking solutions across Aiven services.
- Partnering with other product owners, engineering and sales to create cohesive strategies and roadmap across organizational boundaries.
- Leading the evolution of our platform towards a platform-focused suite to enable our partners effectively and efficiently across the different Aiven services and platform features.
- Devising strategies to reduce operational management on the cloud computing resources powering Aiven services.
- Developing customer relationships where you are recognized as a trusted advisor.
- Partnering with our solution architects to better understand our enterprise customer needs and develop product solutions.
- Engaging teams in cloud infrastructure providers to stay informed on latest innovations and trends.
- 6+ years of experience in B2B product management.
- Hands-on experience in networking topics such as VPC, privatelink, DNS, routing and networking standards and network security.
- Good grasp of the portfolio of networking services provided by top cloud infrastructure providers such as Google, AWS and Azure.
- Knowledge of provisioning services in cloud and cloud infrastructure options such as dedicated instances and serverless computing.
- Experience in building API products.
- Understanding of infrastructure-as-code tools such as kubernetes operator, terraform provider.
- Proven success working in a fast-paced, agile development environment.
Other Key Competencies
- Ownership – You apply ownership by understanding the customer, customer organization and their business, and can independently articulate problem spaces and opportunities in the market we operate
- Adaptive: You embrace the unknown and are able to adapt to shifts in priorities.
- Communication: You know how to foster a collaborative alliance with Sales and have excellent communication skills to translate business needs into technical terms and visa versa.
- Diplomatic: You know how to work with all different types of personalities, can navigate complex situations with calmness and composure, setting an example for the team.
- Growth mindset – You are open to develop your skills with persistent effort and input from others.
A world-class work experience is waiting for you
- If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy an agile environment of a hyperscale startup where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our offices or fully remote*, or anything in between.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success. Pick a laptop and phone, a new desk or a more ergonomic chair. We got your back! Get it? **
- Your wellbeing matters: get a healthcare plan, get help through our Employee Assistance Program, and enjoy perks like memberships for gyms, sports clubs and other activities.***
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual budget & more).
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open source projects that you find meaningful outside of work – and get paid for it! Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer and contribute to a good cause of your choice.
- Support or coach earlier stage startups through our Cluster Startup program.
* some restrictions apply
** some items are only available to fully remote workers
*** some benefits may vary depending on your location