Discord is looking for a Senior Technical Accountant to join our growing team! This position will play a critical role in performing accounting research, preparing position papers, and accounting for some of the more complex areas of the business. This hire will report to our Director of Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting. We are looking for an individual who is excited to work both independently and collaboratively, demonstrates strong communication skills and attention to detail, and collaborates well cross-functionally.
What you’ll be doing
- Assisting in complex, non-routine accounting and reporting transactions, including, but not limited to, mergers and acquisitions; impairment analyses of goodwill and long-lived assets; lease classification; and investments;
- Performing global accounting for stock-based compensation awards, including RSUs and stock options, by performing the valuation of compensation granted, calculation of quarterly expense, and preparation of position papers;
- Supporting Discord’s strategic initiatives by providing technical accounting expertise and synthesizing accounting guidance into understandable terms;
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures, including the research, coordination, and implementation of FASB ASUs and proposals, as well as SEC rules; and
- Interacting with a variety of global functions and department including, Corporate Development, Finance, Internal Audit, Legal, and Treasury
What you should have
- Certified Public Accountant
- 4+ years of public accounting and/or public company experience
- Technical accounting and SEC reporting background with a thorough knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting standards
- Experience reviewing complex contracts, researching the related technical accounting matters, and documenting the accounting implications and conclusions in position papers
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks
- Experience working with technology or SaaS companies
- Experience using Oracle and/or Workiva
- Prior Big 4 experience or large SEC registrant exposure
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $126,000 to $136,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 14+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!