Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Within Marketing, this role will work closely with the field marketing team to track the calendar of upcoming events, their unique content and messaging needs, and produce the relevant content to contribute to the success of the events. Samsara participates in a variety of events, large and small, that help generate new business for the company. These can be events we attend like tradeshows, or events we host like lunch and learns or industry summits.
You will also work closely with the ABM team and the sales RSD’s (as well as Product Directors) to target high-value deals and positively impact those deals with customized content. Samsara’s ABM team assists our large and growing Enterprise field team. This team works large, complex and long-term projects to bring in top name clients to Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Be agile, creative and comfortable writing in different formats including keynote presentations, collateral (like booth taglines, one-pagers, etc.), email, landing page copy and sales enablement tools.
- Incorporate strong knowledge of our product offering, corporate and product messaging and competitive landscape into Samsara’s content offering for each event including tradeshows, lunch & learns and more.
- Produce custom written content for the specific needs of enterprise prospects, and our own messaging guidance.
- Create ABM event content; for example with email, landing page or onsite event content and collateral.
- Work closely with cross functional partners (PMM, Customer Marketing, Design) to create high quality final assets all while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Public speaking and the ability to deliver Samsara presentations with confidence and charisma, interact with customers and represent the company as a product specialist.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 4-6 years in related roles such as product marketing, content marketing or solution marketing.
- Ability to build and leverage relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong executive presence and assured choice maker.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.