For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle.
- Work with business to iterate over software requirements.
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Analyze and debug systems.
- Perform validation and verification testing in a test-driven manner
- Review the work of others, and invite others to review your work.
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products.
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies.
- Work with distributed computing systems like Apache Hudi and Trino for big data processing.
What qualifications we’re looking for:
- Experience with distributed computing tools like Apache Hudi, Trino, Map Reduce and other big data technologies.
- Experience with distributed storage systems like HDFS, S3, etc.
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Spark, or other distributed computing systems.
- Understanding of data partitioning and sharding techniques.
- Knowledge of distributed computing principles and how they apply to large-scale data processing.
- Experience writing clean code that performs well at scale using languages such as Java/Kotlin/C#/Go.
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python.
- Knowledge of relational databases (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL).
- Solid experience writing RESTful API endpoints.
- Absolutely love TDD and have working knowledge of it.
- Proficient in GIT.
- Experience using system and performance monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic, DataDog).
- Excellent organization, critical-thinking and personal leadership skills
- Self-starter with the ability to deliver with minimal supervision.
- Being okay with the uncomfortable feeling that comes from learning new things.
- Team player.
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
- Proven experience as a great Engineer.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with distributed computing
- Experience writing code/scripts in Python
- Experience with Spring Boot.
- Nice to have React, Selenium automation and cloud experience.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Istio.
- Experience with Ansible.
- Experience with Jenkins CI/CD pipeline.
- Linux and IP networking knowledge.
- Experience with AWS/Azure cloud services or equivalent.
- Experience with SAML, OAuth and OpenID Connect.
- Experience working on a SaaS product.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Bash or Groovy.
- On-call experience with production grade systems.
- Has mentored others in a professional setting.