Bellevue, WA or Remote
When was the last time you had an opportunity to work at a company that was forging an industry and enabling people to get from idea to making an impact – fast? Smartsheet's purpose is to empower everyone to improve how they work. Our business is built on finding great people and getting out of their way while they build our award-winning Software as a Service (SaaS) offering. With over 10 million users, our platform gets used across different industries ranging from construction to retail to software development. This presents us with unique technical challenges.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Engineering Manager located in our Bellevue, WA office, or you may work remotely from anywhere in the US where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
- Write clean and efficient code based on product specifications and participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Create and promote modern web UI development
- Be a technical leader on our team, implementing features in TypeScript and integrating with back-end Kotlin/Java services running on AWS
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipeline implementations for tests, linting, deployment, etc.
- Take part in code reviews and architectural discussions as you work with other software engineers, UX designers and product managers
- Mentor junior engineers on code quality and other industry best practices
- Develop services that can consume, process and act on millions of user actions within Smartsheet and scale to 100x as our as our customers continues to grow
- Enhance existing application code with new features and strike a balance when making technical decisions (build vs refactor vs simplify)
- 5+ years software development experience
- 5+ years experience in at least one modern object oriented programming language (Java, C#, Ruby, etc.) and Web Technologies (React, Typescript)
- 2+ years experience in SaaS application development
- Experience with modern web technologies, front-end frameworks, and integrating with back-end services
- Experience building Single Page Applications at scale
- Successful in an environment with frequent production releases
- Experience writing complex asynchronous code that communicates with multiple services
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity – Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Smartsheet provides a competitive range of compensation for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive bonus and RSU stock grant upon accepted offer. California & New York: $145,800 to $210,600 | All other US States: $135,000 to $195,000.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!