Today’s companies collect massive amounts of digital information from the clicks and choices of individual customers and employees. Those signals are then turned into the hyper-personalized experiences that buyers and workers expect and demand. Doing this successfully, and continuously, gives users genuine delight that drives both near-term enjoyment and long-term engagement.
At Lucidworks, our solutions personalize the discovery experience to reveal actionable insights about user intent and rapidly deliver them to the relevant channels of engagement. Every organization can now make every step of the journey more satisfying. Lucidworks empowers users to connect meaningful insights from anywhere and make them available everywhere – in the moment.
About the Team
Our Identity & State Management team manages and builds the core cloud platform, focusing on distributed systems and maintaining state and identity across the platform. Driving our ability to scale and achieve a smooth experience for customers across all applications. As part of the Identity & State Management team, you will be critical to our customers’ success by enabling our internal teams and customers to deploy, manage, access, and pay for our services and infrastructure. We are looking for someone who can help move our cloud platform forward and build on our critical cloud systems to handle resiliency, observability, and user experience.
About the Role
The Identity & State Management team is responsible for providing a robust platform for our customers. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will develop tools and APIs to automate the creation, deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of production infrastructures for customers. We operate on a large scale using cutting-edge cloud computing technologies and mission-critical projects that can make or break customers’ success. If you thrive when asking a few quick questions and then quickly scaffolding and testing code, we want to hear from you. This position may include occasional travel to San Francisco or Raleigh, NC (with sufficient notice).
You’re a seasoned engineer who plays well with others, and you care about the work, the team, and the customers. You work collaboratively with a diverse community of personalities spread across multiple time zones, leveraging your excellent communication skills to make sure everyone is on the same page. You own and execute the roadmap, are always two steps ahead of your to-do list, and work efficiently on behalf of our customers.
- Write and maintain Java services written in Spring Boot (we use Java 11+).
- Ensure that we can scale a distributed, multi-tenant data platform.
- Develop software to facilitate greater automation and operability of services, focusing on simplicity of use, operation, and performance.
- Build APIs and interfaces for our internal and external customers to receive resources quickly and painlessly while making our teams’ lives easier.
- Take ownership of Lucidworks’ company-wide cloud-first initiative by developing and supporting self-service APIs and back-end tooling, deployment, and operational software.
- Secure our cloud-based software services.
- Participate in and drive software design decisions.
- Engage with other software team members in a fast-paced environment with frequent iterations; we follow an Agile methodology.
- Work effectively with international development teams.
The team is responsible for:
- Building out best-of-breed platform services so that internal and external users can interact with our cloud applications.
- Building tools and services to scale our SaaS platform.
- Securing and authenticating users on the platform.
- Improving efficiency and ease of use for our various teams when interacting with customer environments.
We’re looking for:
- Java development experience (3+ years)
- Experience with public cloud-based environments (GCP is a plus)
- Experience developing microservices and event-driven architecture
- Quality-oriented; we write our own tests
- Excellent communication skills
- Results-oriented individuals who love to get things done
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with developing SaaS infrastructure, and the SaaS deployment model
- Experience in designing and developing container-based software services
- Knowledge of containerization and container orchestration (Kubernetes is a plus)
- DevOps experience – as we’re often working with infrastructure deployment and management teams, having real-world experience with such things environments is beneficial