carta Seattle, WA; San Francisco, CA; Santa Clara, CA; New York, NY; Remote, USA Full-time 2022-07-28
The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
The Team You’ll Work With
This role is on the Security Operations team within the Security Engineering Organization. You will gather logs & telemetry from many sources, identify risks, create automations to boost efficiency, as well as investigate and remediate threats. To complete this mission, we need people who are passionate about detection, response, automation, and monitoring – willing to go the extra mile to find the needle in the haystack. We believe in creating teams not rockstars, progress not immediate perfection, and fostering a creative environment for research. We measure success not by how many bugs you find or tasks you complete, but by how much risk you reduce in the organization and how you work to improve the security of those around you.
We get to work in an environment that uses infrastructure-as-code, Kubernetes, role-based access, and with engineers who care about the integrity and security of our data.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Some of the problems you’ll help us solve are:
- How do we enable automated security practices (vulnerability management, detection & response, etc.) without interrupting business processes?
- How do we maintain situational awareness across multiple cloud infrastructures, corporate environments, and data sensitivity levels, all in a growing environment?
- How do we incorporate threat intelligence into proactive defense in an automated and reliable fashion?
- How do we preserve a high level of customer privacy while also establishing an effective response posture?
The Impact You’ll Have
When things go bump in the night (or during the day!), you’ll be there to help guide the business to a safer path. You’ll help craft the next generation of Carta’s security operations programs, working with our team to help secure the future of our business. Your work will span across technologies, stacks, and languages, and you’ll help ensure a safe and secure workplace for all Cartans.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and experience with cloud-based services and infrastructure (Google Cloud, GSuite, AWS, Okta) and automation tools around these services (Terraform, GAM).
- Strong understanding of attack models (such as MITRE’s ATT&CK framework), and experience applying them in defense of enterprise environments.
- Hands-on experience with effective incident response and containment practices
- 5-8 years of hands-on experience.
- Demonstrate knowledge of security operations topics (detection & response, identity and access, auditing and alerting, automation and orchestration, and threat hunting) and experience developing logic to automate those practices.
- Experience working with engineering teams to ensure that all critical logs/signals are available for analysis.
- Experience working with normalizing and correlating data across a wide variety of sources.
- Able to build automation that accelerates response and reduces time to remediate for security incidents.
- Identify gaps in security visibility and work with engineering teams to gather the necessary data.
- Excellent writing skills, able to target your communications to the audience, whether technical or not.
- Experience with the following:
- Administering and maintaining SIEM solution (SnowFlake, DataDog, Splunk, etc)
- Developing security automation in python, or working with a SOAR platform.
- Establishing, maintaining logging pipelines and parsing logs.
- Creating monitoring alerts and detections.
- Implementing endpoint state attestation tooling.
**Role can be based in NYC, SF, Seattle, Santa Clara, or Remote
Covid Vaccine Policy
In an effort to safeguard the health of our employees, Carta has implemented a policy requiring all new hires to receive the COVID vaccine (including boosters as the individuals become eligible for them). Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. Carta will continue to comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or strongly held religious beliefs. This policy is part of Carta’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff and community, and to support public health efforts.