Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Whats the role?
As a Senior Engineer specialising in Salesforce Marketing Cloud, you will be working across multiple technical projects across the Salesforce ecosystem with a focus on Marketing Cloud. Our suite includes various Salesforce products, 3rd party tools and integrations with other Saas vendors and custom built solutions.
You will have experience in various clouds in Marketing Cloud and have hands-on experience building out new SFMC capability in an enterprise level environment. As a senior engineer you will work with your lead engineer, engineering team lead and our team of engineers to solution and deliver on new and exciting business initiatives that require development to deliver customer benefit.
You will develop integrations between our platforms utilizing OOTB Salesforce methods and API integrations.
You will work closely with our experienced Customer Platforms team across the Salesforce platform, as well as work closely with our Xero Customer teams to help them meet ambitious Xero growth ambitions. You’ll foster a positive team culture, provide technical guidance and develop in accordance with Salesforce best practices and standards.
How you’ll make an impact:
- You’ll work in collaboration with other team members to help create and deliver beautiful software to our customers.
- You’ll undertake software application development on applications across our technology stack, contributing to new or improved experiences for our customers, internal and external.
- You’ll contribute to our cross functional environment by working towards the same objectives, using modern principles and practices.
- You’ll help build and manage software that solves engineering problems at scale. You will be enabled to seek clarity with technical complexities and be able to demonstrate smart ways to automate processes.
What you’ll do:
- Create software – Care deeply about customer problems and technical excellence, produce robust high quality and scalable software. Relentlessly automate manual processes. Contribute to technical solution designs that embrace a quality-first approach. Participate in code reviews.
- Enable new capability – As a Marketing Cloud Engineer you will be expected to introduce the team to the latest technical developments in Marketing Cloud and evaluate if they should be onboarded into our environment.
- Uplift functionality – Our Marketing Cloud instance has been around for 5 years and as such has numerous activities that can be refactored to improve performance
- Test software – Design and automate testing activities that effectively reveal product quality across a range of risk areas and acceptance criteria. Collaborate with the team and understand their own responsibility for quality.
- Resolve issues – Triage and solve development and production issues, and be able to quickly track down the root cause. Communicate the impact of the problem to stakeholders in terms of business value, helping to set a priority for the resolution. Actively participate in incident responses.
- Engineering standards & frameworks – Maintain knowledge of Xero’s current and emerging engineering standards and practices. Develop and deploy software that meets Xero’s standards.
- Continuous improvement – Maintain knowledge of current and emerging development technologies and methodologies. Develop expertise in one or more programming languages and ecosystem specific technologies.
- Deliver infrastructure in a production environment – Maintain and monitor delivery processes. Ensure all software is running as expected and proactively work to prevent customer facing problems.
- Agile software and delivery practices – Practise agile software development. Occasionally facilitate agile ceremonies. Proactively work to improve team processes.
What you’ll bring
- Broad Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience, with previous experience implementing and supporting development at enterprise sized organisations.
- Advanced knowledge of Automation Studio, Mobile Studio, Contact Builder
- Front end development experience, if you have full stack or front end experience in another system and were interested in learning SFMC and Salesforce we would be interested to chat.
- Salesforce certifications are highly beneficial especially those relating to development in Marketing Cloud.
- Experience using SFMC integrations via Journey builder custom activities or API. Ability to debug across the technology stack.
- Confident in upgrading the tooling and technology that connects to our products.
- Proficient in roll out and maintenance of cloud infrastructure.
- Confident in designing and implementing new solutions in the Marketing Cloud environment.
- Knowledge of Marketing Cloud’s API endpoints and the ability to install packages and connect with external data sources. Able to implement resilient software design patterns.
- Able to maintain, update and document team APIs.
- Ability to coach and mentor engineers to develop their technical proficiency. Familiar with application and infrastructure security concerns and proactively mitigates issues.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to production incidents.
- Growth mindset, proactive, positive, ‘can-do’ attitude, exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to take challenges and processes to gather business requirements in a consultative manner, to resolve those challenges and automate processes.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong teamwork skills and understanding of what it takes to create, maintain and contribute to a high performing team culture.
- 5+ years hands-on experience as a Developer or Engineer with Salesforce Marketing Cloud, with relevant certifications or similar experience as a full-stack or front end developer.
- Experience with integrations between Salesforce and 3rd party applications.
- Hold some of the following certifications: Marketing Cloud Developer, Marketing Cloud Consultant, Sales Cloud Consultant, Platform Developer 1, Platform App Builder or other relevant certifications.