DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of scalable data education, assessments, certification and collaboration tools for data professionals. Since our launch more than 10 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items, and over 2,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organizations data fluent.
We will be massively scaling those numbers in 2022 and beyond, and want you to be a part of it!
About the role:
We are looking for a talented Senior Full Stack Ruby Engineer to help us improve and evolve many critical backend parts related to finance, authentication, and sales enablement. You will be part of a great team, building applications, and solving technical challenges every single day!
- Help us build the best billing platform to enable DataCamp to drive more revenue efficiently.
- Work with the latest technologies to solve challenging problems.
- Improve existing applications as well as build new applications from the ground up.
- Take ownership of several components in our microservices architecture.
- Interact closely with team members to build services that scale.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Ideally, you have 5+ years of web development experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with Payment Providers and CRM is a bonus (Zuora/Braintree/Salesforce).
- You are able to write clean, maintainable, performant and testable code.
- You are experienced in test-driven development.
- Experience with Docker, AWS, and CircleCI or equivalent.
- You have architected new solutions from scratch or have adapted existing ones to be future-proof.
- You can show ownership of a product or feature.
- You are proactive and show initiative based on desired outcomes
- You are passionate about data science and education.
- You can work well in a remote setting/team.
For this position, we are considering candidates in either our Leuven or London office as well as fully remote within European timezones.
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options for permanent employees
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.