Canada | Remote | Work from home | #LI-Remote
Are you an experienced Product Owner based in Canada? Do you want to work remotely? Insert 3-4 high level skill requirements in the form of questions? Can you Help transform how our customers compete and win by helping them use their data to power their business and turn their data into valuable insights, predictions and products, to help them deliver better outcomes faster? If you Love Your Data™ and enjoy solving complex business and technical problems and want to Love your career then this could be the job for you!
What will you be doing?
- Lead projects and enhancement requirements sessions, as required ensuring deliverables are brought in on time, within budget and quality targets.
- Attend daily stand-ups, coordinate meetings and retrospectives, make timely decisions and provide required inputs on behalf of stakeholders.
- Lead planning activities, work with Business and Stakeholders to maintain a groomed and prioritized backlog.
- Assisting the client in clearly defining needs and concerns, and translating these into functional and non-functional requirements.
- Support the web roadmap by collaborating with the stakeholders, to ensure the challenges and opportunities you see on a daily basis are addressed meaningfully.
- Support the QA team on deliverables.
- Work with other Product Owners to manage dependencies across teams and contribute to an effective community of practice.
- Educate stakeholders in the agile process followed by the team. Maintain a close and effective relationship with the Scrum Leader and Team to ensure measurable delivery each and every sprint.
- Document requirements based on business needs and standards and procedures.
- Working with other teams at Pythian to document and enable integrations with other systems.
- Work with business units to identify & analyze more complex issues/problems.
- Ensure training to business is provided on the enhancements and projects.
- Responsible to ensure comprehensive documentation is provided and maintainedIdentifying and implementing opportunity for optimizing business and systems effectivenessIdentifying when projects appear to be deviating from plan or objectives; raising issues and proposing solutions with the team and management.
- Balancing complex business and technical issues to develop an effective business/system solutions.
What do we need from you?
- This is a “wish list” and there will be plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and contribute to the Team and Customers needs and grow with Pythian. While we realize you might not have everything to be the successful candidate for the Senior Product Manager job you will likely have skills such as:
- 5+ years of experience in a Business Analyst Role/Product Owner Role
- Previous experience in both facilitation and documentation within a project environmentPost-Secondary Education, with a degree or diploma in a related field.
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities while completing assignments successfully
- Thorough knowledge of business operations and issue resolution processes.
- A technical background is preferred (degree or time as a developer, automation engineer or architecture in the past).
- Knowledge and experience of change management and release management.
- Strong social skillsAbility to be flexible and adaptable when dealing with change.
- Thorough knowledge of documenting process and creating wireframesThorough understanding and practical application of analytical tools and methodologies, design concepts and training methodologies.
- Flexibility on schedule working with individuals around the globe.
- Expertise in the tools and technologies that you will be interacting with:OpsGenie/Jira Google Cloud Kubernetes, Docker, Containers PostgreSQL Web and REST services
What do you get in return?
- Love your career: Competitive total rewards package with an annual bonus
- Love your development: Hone your skills or learn new ones with our substantial training allowance; participate in professional development days, attend conferences, become certified, whatever you like!
- Love your work/life balance: Why commute? Work remotely from your home (forever), there’s no daily travel requirement to an office!, You can be located anywhere in Canada, all you need is a stable internet connection.
- Love your workspace: We give you all the equipment you need to work from home including a laptop with your choice of OS, and an annual budget to personalise your work environment!
- Love your community: Blog during work hours; take a day off and volunteer for your favorite charity.