Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. We work with studios across the globe to level up their games and scale in dynamic, frontier markets. Carry1st has launched a proprietary payments engine and e-commerce platform, which allows players to pay for virtual goods leveraging local payment methods.
As a Senior Product Manager, Platform, you will be responsible for leading development of our ecommerce and consumer payments platforms. You will leverage deep customer insights to craft features that delight our users and drive core product KPIs.
- Lead the ideation of new features liaising with stakeholders across the business
- Produce robust feature specifications taking into account both system and user flows
- Work closely with engineering to support the implementation and iteration of new features
- Define and analyse metrics that inform the success of our products and services
- Manage multiple work-streams across a breadth of disciplines and channels
- 5+ years of product management experience in social media, ecommerce, and/or fintech
- Good understanding of user experience design, retention mechanisms, and growth loops
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data into actionable insights
- Extensive experience shipping mobile applications (Android / iOS / Mobile Web)
- Experience serving users in emerging markets: Africa, Latam, Middle East, SEA
- Bonus: love of games (of any kind) and real empathy for gamers
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. In December 2021, we closed on a large fundraise led by Andreessen Horowitz – with participation from other awesome investors like Google, Riot Games, Konvoy Ventures, Avenir, and Nas! It’s allowed us to scale our team and our ambitions. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global – with people in 20+ countries! At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company – enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…
- Forbes announced that Andreessen Horowitz led Carry1st’s $20M Series A Extension
- The Hollywood Reporter announced that Nas and Google joined Carry1st’s $20M round
- PocketGamer.Biz announced that Carry1st raised $20 million to create the “Garena of Africa”