At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we work to change the way the world reads by building the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals, and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, our community includes over 1.9 M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
Have you heard about our future of work program, Scribd Flex? As a key principle, we embrace flexibility and allow employees, in partnership with their manager, to choose the work-style that best suits their individual needs and preferences. And, we create intentional in-person moments with each other that build culture and connection.
Scribd’s Product Managers solve problems and find opportunities to deliver value to our millions of users. We collaborate across the organization to evolve the product, ensure the success of our business, and delight global users. This is the place for you if you’re a clear thinker & communicator who likes to take on big challenges, understand the nuance of user experience, and make data informed decisions.
About the Role
The product team is looking for a driven, innovative, and experienced Senior Product Manager, Mobile, to be an advocate for users in creating and optimizing a high-quality mobile app experience. To succeed, our mobile apps must provide value to users throughout the user lifecycle, from signing up through reading and account management. In this critical role, you will help define our mobile app experience and help shape the next generation of the product. We are looking for a product manager who is comfortable using data to develop priorities and assess results while also demonstrating a deep understanding of customer needs and wants.
- Work with cross functional agile squads focusing on both iOS and Android
- Inspire and influence the team by describing and then reinforcing the product strategy and goals, then developing a consolidated mobile product roadmap
- Lead the team through the process of identifying & validating assumptions, developing hypotheses, and bringing those hypotheses to life through testing, measurement, and iteration
- Be a key part of a dedicated agile team with design, data analysis, engineering, & project management to deliver amazing service to our customers
- Work with data science and analytics counterparts to build business cases and interpret A|B test results
- Lead projects related to improving the overall quality of our service, including but not limited to the reading and listening experience, content discovery, search, signup, onboarding, and account management
- Be an internal leader for understanding, articulating, and solving complex business problems related to our mobile experiences
- The opportunity to make a big difference: Scribd is different from other subscription companies both because of the breadth and depth of our content library as well as the extent of our organic global user base
- We have a unique opportunity to help our subscribers find and enjoy a wide variety of media through the use of both proven and cutting edge technology, bringing high-quality content at a fair price to readers around the world
- A drive to improve quality for users while achieving business goals
- 4+ years experience in product management or system development, with at least 1+ years in mobile application development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with customer support teams and root cause analysis
- Familiarity with both quantitative (e.g. AB testing and data analytics) and qualitative (e.g. user testing, card sorts, interviews) research methods
- Experience in subscription business models (preferred)
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills (preferred)
- Data analysis experience, MBA, or equivalent (preferred)