We are currently seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our Accounting Team. This role can be performed remotely across Canada, excluding Quebec.
What your team does:
You will be leading our Accounting business which is the next frontier for Clio. It's a key area of investment for the company and a cornerstone of our future growth. As the successful candidate, we will rely on your tried, tested and well honed product management skills combined with your experience in the Fintech space to shape the trajectory of this product. The business will look to you to articulate where the market is going, how we should stay ahead of that from a product perspective and to collaborate cross functionally to execute against the vision that you've set.
What you'll work on:
- Product Leadership: As a Senior Product Manager and in conjunction with your Developer and Designer counterparts (your triad) you will drive successful outputs and outcomes in your product area. Working from the overarching strategy set by your Group Product Manager you will develop a roadmap in conjunction with your peers that moves our business forward and evangelize this throughout the company.
- Strategy and Prioritization: You will drive customer and market research, identify opportunities, develop unbiased business cases and determine priorities that help Clio best deliver on our mission and against our annual OKRs. You will build conviction in the initiatives that you chose to invest in and be willing to pivot when priorities change or new information comes to light.
- Market and Customer Understanding: We truly believe that the success of our customers comes first so expectations for Product Managers to be the expert on the user is high. As such, constant communication with customers, (existing, churned and prospect), as well as a deep understanding of the markets in which we operate will be expected. This will be complemented by deep quantitative data to complete the customer picture.
- Coaching and Mentoring: Clio will look to you to coach and mentor other Product Managers in their craft and, in conjunction with product leadership, contribute to the continuous up-leveling of the product function as a whole.
What you may have:
- An Accounting or Financial background combined with a solid financial literacy skills
- A significant number of failures under your belt; the learnings of which you can bring to Clio
- Can work in a highly collaborative team without ego
- Have the ability to foster strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels within the organization
- Have experience using data to inform decisions without succumbing to analysis paralysis
- Have the ability to thrive and deliver while surrounded by chaos and ambiguity
- Have the genuine ability to put yourself in our customers’ shoes and operate from a place of empathy
- Are enthusiastic to learn a new, complex domain and the humility to ask for help when needed
- Have a track record of breaking down objectives into initiatives and delivering to customers at scale
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Proven experience with building and scaling accounting or other financial products in conjunction with a deep understanding of the accounting space
- Demonstrable experience self serving answers, insights and data from a variety of data analytics tools
Product at Clio
Our market opportunity is rare in its scale and powered by a strong business model, Silicon Valley based investors and advisors and a product management team which is global and world-class (if we do say so ourselves)! Clio is growing rapidly with massive growth opportunities for Product Managers.
Speaking of product at Clio… we’ve worked hard to develop an excellent product management culture with empowered PMs who are highly regarded and influential within the organization. Our team is composed of seasoned professionals from a diverse set of product backgrounds. Clio invests heavily in developing Product Managers, growing leaders and in the broader Product communities in which we operate.
We pride ourselves on being ‘human and high performing’ and creating a workplace where you can be challenged, supported and bring your whole self to work.
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers
At Clio, we are on a mission to transform the legal experience for all. As the world's leading provider of cloud-based legal software, we provide lawyers with low-barrier, affordable solutions to manage and grow their firms more effectively, more profitably, and with better client experiences. Through the cloud, we believe that we can help create a more inclusive legal community and a more equitable legal system.
We are an award-winning team that has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and has topped Fast Company’s list of Most Innovative Companies. In line with our mission, we’ve been up to some big things, including becoming a multi-product company, launching a $1 million COVID-19 Legal Relief Initiative, and most recently, securing a US$110M Series E funding round and a USD $1.6B valuation.
This is a historic moment in the growth of legal technology! As the first legal practice management unicorn globally, and one of only a handful of Canadian unicorns, this is only the beginning. If you’ve ever wanted to do the best work of your career, while having a meaningful impact in the lives of others, then Clio is the place for you.