Papaya is a modern fintech platform that simplifies bill payments for American families. Using computer vision and automation, our app makes paying your bills as simple as taking a picture.
We started in 2016 with the mission to alleviate the frustration of paying bills. We are building technology to help address American families’ number one source of stress, finances, while also helping billers of all sizes and from all industries get paid faster and more often.
At Papaya, we love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees – and it shows. We’re proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA’s Best Small Companies to Work for in 2020, 2021, and 2022! We are proud to have 4.8 stars and over 90k reviews on the App Store, and are backed by investors that include Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and First Round Capital.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to launch new products that deliver on our mission to eliminate bill pay related financial stress in the lives of our users. Bills are the #1 source of financial stress in the lives of millions of Americans. You’ll own the entire lifecycle from research and demand testing to releasing MVPs and driving business outcomes at scale.
This is a rare opportunity to hone your 0-1 skills on impactful products. Success in this role will lead to opportunities to lead a team of Product Managers working on new products.
A passion for delivering world class mobile UX and a track record of driving engagement and retention by centering on users is a prerequisite. Experience creating habit loops will make you a shoo-in for this role.
Teamwork, flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Synthesize a strategy centered on user needs gathered from surveys, interviews, tests and other user feedback
- Rapidly de risk product ideas
- Launch MVPs and iterate rapidly to drive user engagement and retention
- Hands on to start, build a team as we grow
We’d like to hear from candidates with:
- 3+ years of Product Management experience
- Experience shipping consumer mobile products
- Experience formulating and implementing engagement and retention strategies at scale
- Effective communication skills and ability to liaise seamlessly between functions
- High degree of ownership within ambiguous environments and the ability to keep up with the changing nature of startups
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.