The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,600+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Solutions Architects are the trusted advisors to GitLab prospects and clients, showing how the GitLab solutions address client business requirements. Solutions Architects are responsible for driving and managing the technology evaluation and validation stages of the sales process. Solutions Architects are the product advocates for GitLab’s Enterprise Edition. They focus on the technical solution while also understanding the business outcomes the customer is trying to achieve.
The Solutions Architect helps drive value and change with software development for one of the fastest-growing platforms. By applying solution selling and architecture experience from planning to monitoring, the Solutions Architect supports and enables successful adoption of the GitLab platform. Solutions Architects work with GitLab's top enterprise customers. Solutions Architects work collaboratively with Sales, Engineering, Product Management, and Marketing organizations.
This role provides technical guidance and support throughout the entire sales cycle. Solution Architects can help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of the GitLab platform with customers by becoming the trusted advisor. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. Proficiency in connecting technology solutions to measurable business value is critical to a Solutions Architect. Candidates should also have a demonstrated skill to think strategically about business, products, and technical problems.
To learn more, see the Solutions Architect handbook
- Since this role deals primarily with partner relationships with a primary focus on System Integrators, any responsibilities in an individual's Role Level that reference customers can also be fulfilled by Partners. If responsibilities appear duplicated, the version in this description has priority due to being more specific to your role.
- Engage in a technical consultancy role for system integrator and channel partners, providing technical assistance and guidance specific to the selling and service delivery readiness of Gitlab Channel and System Integrator partners.
- Create and maintain relationships with external partner leaders that contribute to large Net ARR deals and customer success.
- In partnership with the channel sales team, formulate and execute a sales, solution and practice strategy to exceed revenue targets through the delivery of solutions & services that drive the adoption of GitLab.
- Work with Customer Success teams (Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, Sales) to ensure the partner is acting in good faith and effectively when delivering GitLab services to a customer.
- Educate and enable SI partners of all sizes on the value proposition of GitLab, and participate in all levels of discussions throughout the organization to ensure our solution is set up for successful deployment.
- Work on site with strategic SI, delivering solutions architecture consulting, technical guidance, knowledge transfer, and earn “trusted advisor status.”
- Enable the partners to provide technical evaluations via POC/POV ownership, RFP/audit support, and workshop design.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the GitLab community and other channel solution architects.
- Author or otherwise contribute to GitLab customer-facing publications such as white papers, blogs, diagrams, reference architectures, or the GitLab Handbook.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical people within partnerships to enable them to be GitLab advocates.
- Serve as the partner advocate to other GitLab teams, including Product Development, Sales, and Marketing.
- Present GitLab platform strategy, concepts, and roadmap to technical leaders within channel partner organizations.
- Experience building solutions and professional services through channel partnerships
- Knowledge of all or most of the following channel services categories in the DevOps space: Consulting, Managed and or Advisory services
- Technical presentation and communication skills
- Experience with technical pre-sales or as a professional in the field of information technology
- Knowledge of the end-to-end software development lifecycle
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience with modern software development or operations and their associated technologies
- Experience with cloud computing and related technologies and practices
- Willingness to travel
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Ability to use GitLab
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the SA team Manager.
- Candidates may be invited to schedule an interview with a Solutions Architect peer or other SA team Manager.
- Then, candidates will be required to deliver a demo of GitLab to a panel of Customer Success attendees using the Demo Guide.
- Candidates may be invited to additional interviews.
- Successful candidates will be made an offer after references are verified.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $108,300 – $197,300 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for >Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.