Everything happens somewhere – which is why spatial analytics is fundamental to companies seeking to understand the “where” and the “why” of their business. CARTO is the leading cloud-native location intelligence platform, trusted by data scientists, data analysts and developers from companies such as Vodafone, IKEA, Decathlon, Coca-Cola and Mastercard to provide geospatial insights for use cases such as site selection, geomarketing, route optimization, network planning and much more.
With an exceptionally diverse team of 170 people spread across the US and Europe, CARTO (backed by Insight Partners, Accel Partners and Salesforce Ventures) is changing how companies analyze location data, simplifying how it is done by leveraging modern cloud data warehouses. Redefining its category, the company has grown rapidly in recent years providing a compelling alternative to legacy GIS software.
To continue our growth, we are looking for a strategic and collaborative Sr Partner Marketing Manager with a passion for technology and data to work with our current cloud partners (Google, AWS, Snowflake, Databricks, etc.), and to scale a partner marketing team for the future. Reporting to the VP Marketing, the ideal candidate will have a clear vision on how to build and scale demand generation efforts for the partner program at CARTO – and drive measurable results.
The preference for this position is to be working from our offices in Madrid or with our team based in London, with flexibility for hybrid remote work. We are also open to considering full remote candidates too.
- Own the product marketing function – collaborating closely with the product, marketing, and partner origination teams.
- Work closely with Google Cloud, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, and other BI and Data Visualization giants – to identify incredible opportunities.
- Design a partner marketing strategy and roadmap – including joint marketing initiatives, co-marketing campaigns, and potential product integrations.
- Craft compelling content and messaging on the value CARTO delivers with our partners.
- Collaborate with partner marketing teams and across the CARTO marketing team to bring the partner roadmap to reality.
- Drive measurable and repeatable pipeline from partner marketing activities.
- Align key stakeholders within CARTO on progress against the partner serviceable addressable market – and the strategies that could allow this to progress further.
- Strategic Thinker: ability to think strategically and translate business objectives into actionable marketing plans.
- Tech-savvy: With a deep understanding of enterprise software environments, especially Cloud/SaaS analytics/Data warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions, applications & technologies including BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift and Databricks.
- Commercial acumen: you are deeply data-driven and care about what moves the needle for pipeline creation, rather than focusing on vanity metrics.
- Collaborative Leader: with a proven track record of building and leading high-performing teams and the ability to foster collaboration in a cross-functional environment.
- An exceptional communicator: both internally between departments and externally with clients and partners. You make the effort to spend a significant amount of time with sales, pre-sales, customer success and product teams to gain insights that are relevant to your work.
- A gifted copywriter and storyteller: you can translate highly complex technology concepts to compelling stories that our partners, customers and prospects actually care about.
- Customer-centric: obsessed by the needs of our clients, prospects and partners, constantly learning about how their challenges are evolving.
- Thirsty to learn about the Location Intelligence and Data Analytics space: constantly gaining intelligence on existing and new competitors, eager to consume podcasts and webinars or read relevant reports to keep your finger on the pulse of our industry and the enterprises we sell to. When you don’t know how to do something, you just find a way to learn about it.
- You have bias for action: you get a buzz out of crossing things off your to-do list, you have the “get it done” attitude. You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- 7+ years of relevant experience, with 2 or more years experience working in the SaaS, data or cloud technology space in a partner marketing role.
- Proven track record of cultivating partner marketing relationships.
- An ability to translate the value of partnerships into compelling positioning and content.
- Experience working with sales and marketing teams and technologies such as Salesforce, Hubspot, Outreach and Gong (or similar).
- A track record of setting and achieving partner marketing goals.
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking company, shaping the future of modern geospatial analytics.
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Private medical insurance.
- Education stipend
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment