For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
The Senior MSSQL DBA plays an important role as part of a growing team that is responsible for managing, building, maintaining, monitoring, and troubleshooting the cloud-based database infrastructure that our mission critical SaaS application runs on.
- Manage and operate large scale production database systems across multiple Azure regions.
- Provide direct operational support across all areas of the production database infrastructure including high availability, database replication, release management and disaster planning.
- Install, configure, and deploy MS SQL Server using automation and infrastructure as code
- Perform capacity planning, performance turning, monitoring, troubleshooting, patching and optimization of the databases.
- Assist in designing Backup, Recovery and DR strategies.
- Develop automation of the database processes, tasks, and procedures.
- Develop and maintain documentation on systems management and operational procedures.
- Follow operational policies and processes that are compliant with ITIL standards. Participate in change control procedures.
- Resolve critical infrastructure incidents as part of on call rotation
- Provide root cause analysis and/or proactively provide recommendations to prevent issues from surfacing
- Work with Engineering teams to optimize queries
- Stay up to date with the trends in the database industry. Use that knowledge to help shape our future database infrastructure.
- Support code or release deployment process
- Participate in on call rotation
- Mentor Intermediate, Junior, or new DBA team members
- Document operation procedures and processes
- 5+ Years’ Experience in a large scale, mission critical MS SQL Server environment
- 1+Years’ experience administering and managing MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Extensive experience in performance tuning and troubleshooting
- 2+ years’ experience working with databases in the cloud (Azure preferred – specifically SQL Managed Instance and SQL Database)
- Installed and configured database servers (MS SQL 2016+) using various high availability technologies such as Availability Groups and Failover Cluster Instances.
- Experience working with multi-TB highly transactional databases
- Experience with supporting a multi-tenanted hosting infrastructure with thousands of customers
- Develop and adhere to strong security practices with regards to Authentication, Authorization and Encryption
- Experience automating infrastructure deployment using tools such as Ansible or Terraform
- Takes an evidence-based approach to all troubleshooting and recommendations
- Strong communication skills. You are comfortable speaking and presenting to senior leadership. You can take a potentially complex topic and present to people of various skill levels (junior to architect)
- Ability to work varying hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Ability to work in a fast pace and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously
- Team player, flexible with “get it done” attitude
Other Desirable Skills
- Working knowledge of Cloud infrastructure beyond the database (i.e., networking, security and access control, storage, cost optimization, etc.)
- Experience in other database systems such as (Cosmos DB, Influx DB)
- Knowledge of Git and JIRA
- PowerShell, Linux, AWS, Redgate, AppDynamics, Azure Data factory, DataBricks, Grafana
- Experience with HITRUST, HIPPA Compliance and healthcare field.
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP Certification is a plus