Armand Corporation, an award-winning M/WBE Construction Management Firm celebrating over 31 years in the industry, is currently seeking a full-time Senior MEP Superintendent for an important assignment with our client’s quality assurance division, design standards unit. This is a one year assignment, for forty hours a week, this position can be on site or remote.
Roles and Responsibilities
Responsible for field activities associated with the project, including supervision of all field construction work by electrical and mechanical subcontractors / trades and self-performed work. Keep in constant contact with subcontractors to ensure timely work to keep project on time / within budget. Ensures equipment purchased is in onsite at the project when needed. Shares responsibility with the construction project manager for developing and keeping to the project budget, actively participating in the preconstruction phase, and ensuring that the project is built on time, within budget, and according to company policies and procedures. Manages and mentors assistant Supers and Coordinators and other field personnel. Maintains a relentless focus on meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations through the life of the project.
The potential candidates must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Maintain liaison with primary client, A/E firm, Owner’s Rep firm, Construction Project Manager, subcontractors and any other vendors needed to facilitate construction activities at the data center job site
- Establishes and manages the critical work environment project objectives, performance standards, planning and Methods of Procedure and be within boundaries of corporate policies to ensure minimization of human error factors which could cause down time during work processes
- Provides leadership of all field related MEP mission critical work activities and coordinates with Construction Project Manager and Subcontractors for proper execution
- Keeps all relative parties informed of project’s progress throughout the life of the project
- Detailed understanding of all MEP systems to include size up, costs, scheduling timeline, quality control focus points, system start-up, commissioning, troubleshooting, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (progress billing, rental equipment, income/expenses) to protect the company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the client
- Ensures that project site and company assets are secure and maintains a safe and respectful working environment at all times by implementing programs for safety / OSHA, Equal Employment Opportunity / EEO, risk management, training, and quality control
- Confirms that extra charges from subcontractors/suppliers are reasonable and work is correctly executed. Coordinates with project manager for approval on extra charges
- Facilitates weekly project progress and safety meetings with all subcontractor representatives and coordinates the upcoming week’s work to be accomplished. Attends all progress meetings with the owner’s rep / data center construction Project manager
- Ensures that the project closeout process is finalized, demobilize all resources, and transition the project to the client
Armand Corporation is an award-winning project/program management firm that has managed public projects for 31 years. We offer competitive salaries and a full benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 401K plan; and paid time off. We are an equal opportunity employer.