Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first global mental health solution to offer employees access to one-on-one, group, and self-serve digital resources for their emotional, professional, social, financial, and physical well-being needs—all within a single platform. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 500+ global companies like Lyft, Electronic Arts, Pixar, Clif Bar, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status.
We tripled our headcount in 2021 and as a hyper-growth company with a fully remote workforce, we prioritize our people-first culture (winning awards including Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021). To protect our culture and help our team stay connected, we require overlapping hours for everyone. While many roles may function from anywhere in the world—see individual job listing for more—team members who live outside the Pacific time zone must be comfortable working early in the morning or late at night; all full-time employees must work at least six hours between 8 am and 5 pm Pacific time each workday.
We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission. An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you're excited about a role, we'd love to hear from you!
We are looking for a tenacious Senior Market Expansion Manager to drive commercial success in our install base. You will serve as the internal face of our expansion motion. With a high level of passion you will thrive on finding innovative solutions to drive expansion within current customers.
To be successful in your role you will be driven to exceed targets, drive innovative approaches to all areas of the role and be a player coach. You are naturally collaborative and possess the ability to drive results through influence. You will be a confident communicator, leader and negotiator.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Hawaii.
What You’ll Do
- Overall management of the strategic and operational activity with expansion motions
- Identify opportunities, qualify and manage an opportunity pipeline, collaborating with CSMs and PMs to drive opportunities to success
- Create and implement expansion plans and associated training to achieve our expansion targets
- Influence and secure a pipeline of potential partners
- Network and build internal and external relationships
- Analyze the market potential and understand market trends
- Thoroughly understand and represent our brand, products and services to assist in presenting to clients
- Collaborate with CSMs to understand the entire commercial process
- Lead the strategy and collaborate with CSM Leadership on GTM expansion playbooks
- Produce and present the management information reports to Leadership team when necessary
- Continuously develop expansion engagement strategies and build playbooks for broader consumption
Who You Are
- Sales leadership experience
- Expansion experience through an existing install base
- Strong experience in contract negotiations
- Articulate demeanor and communication skills
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Able to work in an agile and dynamic environment
- Ability to balance both business and customer needs
- Strong initiative skills
- Broker experience a plus
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Disability / Life Insurance
- High Deductible Health Plan with Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Access to coaches and therapists through Modern Health's platform
- Generous Time Off
- Company-wide Collective Pause Days
- Parental Leave Policy
- Family Forming Benefit through Carrot
- Family Assistance Benefit through UrbanSitter
- Professional Development Stipend
- Financial Planning Benefit through Origin
But wait there’s more…!
- Annual Wellness Stipend to use on items that promote your overall well being
- New Hire Stipend to help cover work-from-home setup costs
- ModSquad Community: Virtual events like active ERGs, holiday themed activities, team-building events and more
- Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Information
Please refer to the ranges below to find the starting annual pay range for individuals applying to work remotely from the following locations for this role.
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. Ranges are not necessarily indicative of the associated starting pay range in other locations. Full-time employees are also eligible for Modern Health's equity program and incredible benefits package. See our Careers page for more information.
Depending on the scope of the role, some ranges are indicative of On Target Earnings (OTE) and includes both base pay and commission at 100% achievement of established targets.
Below, we are asking you to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). While we are required by law to ask these questions in the format provided by the EEOC, at Modern Health we know that gender is not binary, and we recognize that these categories do not reflect our employees' full range of identities.