At Okta, our Executive Engagement Team designs and executes best in class executive programs that establish Okta as a trusted advisor to CXOs from the world’s largest organizations. We create unique and differentiated experiences that build customer loyalty, accelerate deal conversations, and drive pipeline.
We are looking for an experienced Executive Event Marketer to join our world-class team. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in managing Executive level, high touch events, globally. This person will own the end-to-end strategy and execution for all Executive Programs including our annual Executive Summit event at Oktane, C-level roundtables, and executive dinners. This is a highly visible role with exposure to leadership across the company and our customer portfolio.
- Own and drive the strategic vision for the Executive Programs portfolio.
- Partner closely with Okta’s Executive Leadership and other business leaders to ensure
cross-functional alignment on program goals and key metrics.
- Manage stakeholder communications across the organization including executive expectation setting and briefings on event experience.
- Lead ideation, planning, production, and execution of event programs.
- Develop strong relationships with internal sales leaders and teams to deliver on attendance and pipeline goals.
- Track ROI, engagement, and audience feedback to measure results, assess opportunities for improvement, and optimize future events.
- Lead and mentor a high-performing team to ensure goals are always exceeded, and the Okta brand is well represented.
- Manage 3rd party vendor relationships with agencies and production partners.
- Develop team standards, process documents, and playbooks that can be shared globally.
Experience & Requirements
- 7+ years relevant experience in event management and marketing.
- 5+ years experience managing teams in Go To Market (sales, customer success, marketing) required.
- Experience working closely with Executives (VP+, C-Suite) internally and with customers required.
- Excellent knowledge of and hands-on experience with all aspects of event management, budget management, logistics, vendor negotiation, and marketing.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, re-prioritizing projects,
and communicating priority updates to stakeholders.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented self-starter with exceptional prioritization, organization, and time management skills.
- Excellent executive communication skills, interpersonal skills, and eloquent writing skills.
- Exceptional vendor management skills.
- Able to travel 25% of the time.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $154,000 year + bonus + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.