Senior Manager, Marketing Campaign
Jobs for the Future (JFF) drives transformation of the American workforce and education systems to achieve equitable economic advancement for all.
About the position:
Jobs for the Future (JFF) is looking for a Senior Manager, Marketing Campaign to join our growing centralized Marketing & Communications (MarComms) team. We are seeking an experienced, energetic and creative person responsible for the development and execution of comprehensive, integrated marketing campaigns for JFF. The Senior Manager will spend about 50% of their time supporting the American Student Assistance narrative campaign and the other 50% of their time will be spent on a variety of campaigns across the organization.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications, the Senior Campaign Manager will work collaboratively across MarComm, and other unit teams to drive overarching marketing communications plans to leverage campaign messaging, media opportunities, special events, demand generation, community engagement and brand awareness. We are looking for someone with a proven track record for developing and implementing creative marketing plans as well as planning effective promotional strategies and executing big picture ideas.
This is a great opportunity for a nimble and thoughtful individual with Communications experience who is looking to strengthen their skill set in supporting a large organization with narrative campaigns. This position is integral to the continued growth and success of the MarComm team. This person will facilitate marketing projects serving as the primary MarComm liaison with the American Student Assistance team managing all marketing and communications activity for the narrative campaign from start to finish providing oversight, strategies, and tactics to ensure the success of efforts.
What you'll do:
- Prioritize and manage all aspects of marketing for ASA Narrative Campaign and project development from concept to design–execution, ensuring product/services are on time, within budget, scope and meets stakeholders' expectations and in compliance with JFF brand and editorial standards.
- Coordinate communications production with JFF’s organizational communication agenda to ensure aligned branding and messaging
- Implement and provide oversight of systems and processes to enable, support, track and report on marketing activities and deliverables.
- Initiate, coordinate and lead campaign planning, execution, measurement and optimization processes
- Develop targeted, integrated campaigns which support organizational growth and deliver the best campaign experience to target audiences
- Monitor and evaluate project plans, tasks, resources, deadlines, and any project needs to accomplish goals
- Make strategic use of knowledge management and project management tools such as Workfront, and other similar tools
- Create, manage, and disseminate MarCom promotion plans for ASA Narrative Campaign and JFF initiatives; identify new strategic and tactical opportunities to influence collateral and deliverables and ensure marketing activities are aligned with organizational priorities and campaign goals
- Define key performance indicators for campaigns (ASA Narrative Campaign) and initiatives; measure results, analyze and report on the effectiveness of marketing efforts from individual tactics and overall campaign performance
- Determine communications preferences of targeted audiences to guide development of communications content and refinement of strategies
- Collaborate with members of the MarComms team to conceptualize and execute on deliverables and MarComm strategy
- Help lead the team toward more of a “digital first” communications approach and provide creative ideas for earned, owned and paid media
Relationship Building and Management
- Manage expectations for deliverables and foster clear communications between the Marcomms and the ASA Narrative Campaign team, as well as other units and teams as needed
- Coordinate the work of various internal colleagues and external audiences (e.g., vendors, graphic designers, writers, funders and agencies)
- Ensure shared understanding and appropriate expectations within and across teams on the execution of high quality, high impact deliverables and to navigate competing streams of communications work
Growth and Learning Mindset
- Continue to integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion practices and principles into the development of communications deliverables
- Continually increase your domain expertise and content knowledge to more fully inform your communications decisions
Who you are:
- You possess high energy and passion for JFF’s mission and the ability to apply JFF’s core values to all areas of your work
- You are an experienced marketing and communications professional, having worked in marketing communications, journalism, public relations, or closely related fields for at least 5 years
- You come with a strong interest in the education, training and employment of low-income students and adults, DEI, or previous related nonprofit experience
- You have knowledge of marketing disciplines and are capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You can move with agility between project management, strategy development and execution functions
- You are a strong communicator and can convey ideas clearly, concisely, and with impact
- You can work both independently and collaboratively on multiple projects and tasks
- You have the ability to navigate complex, fast pace and highly collaborative teams that call for creativity, flexibility, proactiveness, and a sense of humor
- You have strong writing and compelling verbal, and presentation skills, with experience writing both long-form and short-form digital marketing content and storytelling. bring competency with ethical storytelling and centering the voice and expertise of impacted individuals with strong writing and editing skills
- You are detail oriented and an excellent problem solver with strong organizational skills
- You prioritize your work with integrity, humility, and an entrepreneurial attitude
- You have a self-starter attitude, strong marketing strategic management skills, the ability exercise excellent judgment
- You have a positive attitude and an earnest interest in providing good customer service
- You come with proficiency in Microsoft Office—Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; Adobe’s Creative
- You model inclusive leadership, working effectively with colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds, and building and stewarding an organizational culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion
- You build positive, effective, collaborative cultures and teams wherever you work
- You are a curious and adaptive learner, with a willingness to take in new information, perspectives and data to inform your work
- You demonstrate a growth mindset and a desire to continuously improve in your work
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at JFF:
JFF is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. JFF fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience. As part of our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, JFF strongly encourages people impacted by the criminal legal system to apply.
Positions at JFF are not eligible for employer-visa sponsorship or open to F-1 student visa holders.
All JFF employees are required to be fully up to date on their vaccinations against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption has been requested and a reasonable accommodation approved.
JFF offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience and skills.