Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
As a Senior Manager of Business Systems Analysts, you will be responsible for driving transformational initiatives across both business and IT. You will work with multiple cross-functional teams on large, highly complex projects. As a member of the Samsara BizTech Leadership team, the Senior Manager is an experienced thought leader that drives complex, transformational solution opportunities which will deliver value to our customers.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the Business Analyst team in defining the future-state portfolio vision and supporting roadmap for Go To Market Systems partnering with Sales operations business organization. Works across internal stakeholders at all levels to gain alignment. Establish KPIs and metrics across the team to measure product performance.
- Own relationships with key business partners in Sales, Finance, and Operations and ensure that critical business requirements are being captured. Build and maintain the systems roadmap for your functional areas.
- Collaborate with other teams under Business Technology such as Integrations and Corporate Systems, and with other analysts and engineers on the GTMS team to develop comprehensive solutions.
- Leverage your extensive technical expertise and functional knowledge to become the subject matter expert for the sales systems you support, and the go-to point of contact for your functional area.
- Perform all people management functions: performance reviews, staff calls, 1×1’s, recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, career development, talent retention, and motivation, etc. Own product/portfolio roadmap, prioritization, user story backlog, and establish funding and resource plan to execute.
- Partner with other IT and Business managers across the organization to ensure interdependencies between teams are closely managed and to leverage expertise and skills from other teams as needed.
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences and develop and deliver engaging presentations that influence and persuade leadership on recommendations. Review program requirements, deployment plans/launch orchestration plans and provide appropriate recommendations to improve quality, de-risk, or pre-empt issues.
- Continually challenge the current model and methods: track productivity and quality metrics, come up with creative ideas to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team for continuous improvement.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 12 to 15 years of relevant experience in Business Analyst or product management, software engineering, and/or program management or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in implementing Sales, CPQ process for Sales business users
- Salesforce CPQ experience required
- 10+ years of experience in a Salesforce.com analyst or consultant capacity
- Expert Salesforce.com knowledge and strong understanding of system capabilities, including standard vs. custom functionality
- Proven track record of successfully executing enterprise-scale projects on the Salesforce.com platform
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to deliver complex initiatives with minimal engagement from leadership
- Extensive experience supporting enterprise level sales organizations, with a deep understanding of sales process and best practices
- 4+ years managerial/leadership experience.
- Experience in defining long-term strategic plans then putting them into action
- Ability to manage a multi-disciplinary team and succeed partnering and driving virtual (globally distributed) teams with proven knowledge in depth and experience leveraging agile development practices (Scrum, Pivotal Labs, SAFE, etc) while assigning roles and coaching employees for optimal team performance/dynamics.
- Demonstrated accomplishments managing projects and software development delivery teams working with diverse technology stacks (custom development, package integration) in the delivery of large-scale and complex projects.
- Notable oral and written communication skills, remarkable analytic, problem-solving, negotiation, and prioritization skills.
- Experience leading cross-functional agile teams using appropriate measures and KPIs to validate and report on software quality and ensuring quality is driven into the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience in leading teams to implement Salesforce, CPQ or any other modern CRM technologies
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.