Okta is seeking a Senior Manager of Business Critical and Crisis Communications to join our team. The Business Critical and Crisis Communications team is responsible for planning and managing all corporate issues, including but not limited to, geopolitical, sociocultural, employee/HR incidents, and service disruptions.
The role will serve as a key team player, executor, strategist, and communicator for all things related to Okta’s corporate reputation. This Senior Manager will serve as the centralized collaborator who enables all Comms functions to provide a holistic crisis response, as well as be a key advisor to business partners and executives. They will help establish the foundation for a robust and evolving process and program that is implemented company-wide and supported by all relevant stakeholders. This role will report to the Senior Director of Business Critical and Crisis Communications.
Communications is an incredibly strategic and visible function at Okta and we’re looking for a driven, experienced leader who will start making an impact immediately.
- Help build and implement a widely-supported crisis comms process
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant stakeholders for input and alignment around program notification, activation, and management
- Prepare documentation and supporting materials for crisis response, including Q&As, reactive/proactive statements, internal communications, executive talking points, media insights, and more
- Work with both Okta and Auth0 incident response teams to align practices
- Continue to evangelize the Business Critical framework and decision-making process both internally within Comms and with external teams
- Continually track the external landscape for risks and anything that we need to be prepared for from a reputation management standpoint
- Ensure alignment and understanding from business partners and senior executives on overall crisis management comms plans
- Contribute to the overall measurement of Okta’s brand reputation
- 8+ years of experience, with a proven track record in Business/Critical Communications, including direct experience working in-house and managing an internal team.
- BA/BS in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing preferred;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, re-prioritizing projects, and communicating priority updates to stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to partner with executives in influencing and advising them on communication strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Change management skills
- Experience building comprehensive communications strategies
- Success working cross-functionally and influencing teams
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $135,000/ year + bonus + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.