A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Growth Marketing Team
We’re a team of marketers that create engaging campaigns across channels and work closely with cross-functional partners (Analytics, Brand, Product, Sales, Engineering, and Data Science) to drive growth on both sides of Thumbtack’s marketplace. We are nimble and innovative, and our team’s mission is to help customers solve their home care needs by discovering and using Thumbtack’s platform.
About the Role
As the CRO leader at Thumbtack, you will own the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the platform-driven CRO function leveraging experimentation tools to improve conversion rate across Thumbtack’s customer and pro acquisition funnels. You will own the process for testing page design and messaging, maintain and prioritize a full testing pipeline, and balance test risk with potential impact. This role requires establishing strong cross-functional partnerships and collaboration, as you will work closely with teammates across Marketing, Product, MarTech, and Analytics as well as external agencies to align on goals and deliver an experimentation roadmap for Thumbtack’s growth.
- Strategic Leader: Define the vision for the CRO program, partner with cross-functional stakeholders, and define success by taking ownership of goal setting and performance KPIs to align with company objectives. Evolve the program by improving upon the existing foundation, increasing testing velocity, expanding platforms, crystallizing processes, and ultimately driving a greater business impact.
- Cross-functional Collaborator: Establish a deep understanding of the CRO function and the opportunities it can unlock across Thumbtack’s multiple functions. Champion an experimentation culture and evangelize the program, achieving alignment with Product, Eng, Analytics, and Marketing stakeholders.
- Strong Project Manager: Manage and prioritize an iterative pipeline of high-impact tests including setup, execution, and measurement of experiments. Balance quick wins with major needle-mover initiatives.
- Technical Skills: Audit and help evolve the CRO tech stack. Assess existing Thumbtack A/B testing and landing page tools and determine the right tech stack and 3rd party support for Thumbtack’s needs.
- Data-Driven: Closely partner with Marketing Analytics to assess test performance, build full-funnel dashboards, and understand levers to improve conversion rates. Drive alignment across teams on the key definitions of success and methodology to implement winning tests.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 7+ years of conversion rate optimization experience
- Demonstrated ability to ideate and execute robust A/B and multivariate tests roadmaps
- Experience working alongside cross-functional teams to drive optimization efforts
- Deep knowledge of experimentation methodologies including experiment design, hypothesis creation, and basic statistics
- Experience leveraging data to inform testing roadmap and evaluate results to demonstrate business impact
- Strong project management skills
- Familiarity with Optimizely and other A/B testing tools
- Experience in a marketplace company and/or high-growth startup
- Baseline knowledge of other digital functions including SEM / CRM / UX
- People-management experience
- Experience architecting programs for multiple audiences at various stages of a buyer’s journey
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact email@example.com.