Our fast-growing startup is looking for a skilled, self-motivated problem solver to join our team as a Full Stack Software Developer. As a Software developer, you will work closely with our product and quality assurance teams to design, implement, deliver and support our top-rated Customer Success platform. Join the team that proudly supports the highest ranked Customer Success platform on G2 Crowd, Capterra and Trust Radius – and be an important part to our continued success!
Primary responsibilities and day-to-day
- Build innovative and performant features into our Customer Success platform using the latest engineering practices and technologies.
- Write clear and maintainable full-stack code while working in a professional software engineering environment (source control, continuous integration, short release cycles, automated testing, etc.…).
- Mentor junior level developers by providing meaningful code reviews and guidance on best practices.
- Participate in standups, backlog refinement and other team meetings to foster communication across the teams (we are a process light shop that truly values people over process, but we have what is necessary).
- Make pragmatic and data-driven decisions that will meet both business and technology needs.
- Communicate with the Quality Assurance team on a regular basis. Work to deliver work in small chunks that can be tested early in the development process.
- Perform performance troubleshooting/tuning of SQL queries, analyze memory and CPU utilization patterns and update code to be more performant.
- Work with the Product and QA teams to flush out feature designs. Break work up into well-defined manageable units of work.
- Participate in regularly scheduled security reviews. Review periodic security scan results and address any found security vulnerabilities.
- Document key business workflows and software design.
Must-have skills and experience
- 5+ years working in applicable web stack technologies (e.g. Microsoft .NET, Java, Ruby, etc.…)
- 5+ years of working with a relevant front-end framework (AngularJS, Angular, React, etc.…)
- 5+ years developing and interacting with REST services
- 5+ years of relational database design and development (MS SQL Server, MySql, Oracle, etc.…)
- SaaS/Cloud experience strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and without supervision. Ability to lead a team of engineers if needed is preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field or 7-10 years of applicable experience